Royal Academy of Diavolo

Start from the beginning

Up until now, all you could focus on was Diavolo, but as soon as the man started talking, all your attention was drained by his voice.

He has black hair with white tips that's parted to the right side of his face, and black eyes with a red gradient.

"Y/n, this is Lucifer. He is a demon and the Avatar of Pride." Diavolo spoke again, driving you off your thoughts. "He's also the vice president of the student council and my right-hand man... And not just in title, I assure you."

He looked down at the demon and then back at you again, smiling this time.

"Beyond that, he's also my most trusted friend."

"Flattery will get you nowhere, Diavolo." Lucifer said with a long sigh afterwards.

Then he turned towards you again.

"Speaking on behalf of the entire student body at this great and storied school of ours, I offer you a most heartfelt welcome, y/n." Lucifer finished his sentence with a soft smile on his lips.

"That doesn't answer my question."

"Interesting... This one is quite different from Solomon."

Solomon? Who the hell is that?

You wanted to ask, but Lucifer raised his voice before a word could come out of your lips.

"Diavolo believes that we demons should start strengthening our relationship with both the human world and the Celestial Realm." he said, calmly "As a first step toward his goal, we've decided to institute an exchange program."

"So there are more like me here?" you interrupted him.

He seemed surprised by your words for a second, but his poker face soon filled his expression again.

"Yes, one more." he nodded "We've sent two of our students to the human world and two to the Celestial Realm. And we're welcoming four students to our school: two from your world and two from the Celestial Realm."

So I've been kidnapped to go to a different school? But for what he said I'm not the only one in that situation...

What's the Celestial Realm anyway?

Seeing your thoughtful expression, Lucifer decides to end his explanation there.

"So, I take it you put two and two together at this point, right? You've been chosen from among the people of the human world to participate in this program of ours. You are our newest exchange student."

"So I'll be able to go home after an year?"

"Exactly. And while you're here, you will have to work on the tasks that you will receive from RAD."

Tasks? Must be something like homework and studying for exams...

"After an year, you will have to write a paper about your exchange here in the Devildom."

"Write a paper?!"

Shit- That wasn't supposed to come out aloud.

"I am not telling you to write a doctoral thesis. You can take it easy."

So just saying if I had fun or not, things I wish they could change and...

Wait- I'm not gonna be eaten alive, am I?!

You stare at Lucifer, your lips trembling and your eyebrows in a frown.

"Don't glare at me like that. It's not like I will abandon you all by yourself here in the Devildom. You need someone to look after you, and I think that someone should be my brother Mammon."

Ah great! So instead of being eaten by a random demon, I'm gonna be eaten by his brother. This couldn't get any better...

"He's the Avatar of Greed and...how should I put it...?" he sighed "Oh well, you'll understand soon enough."

Wow, that was a long sigh... Must be the family disappointment.

I'm gonna miss the morning coffee after I die. Well, it wasn't an awful life.

Goodbye world.

The demon came out from behind the long table in front of him and walked towards you with something on his right hand. When he got close enough, he gently placed it in your desk.

"Here, take this device. It's called a D.D.D." he started "It's a lot like the cell phones of your world."

You look down at the phone. Its screen is on and you can see a red background with a white crow in the middle.

"This will be yours to use for as long as you're here. Now, go ahead and try calling Mammon with it."

You grab the device in front of you and scroll through the contacts searching for the name 'Mammon'.

There are seven contacts here already.

Let's see... Asmodeus, Beelzebub, Leviathan, Lord Diavolo, Lucifer, Mammon, Satan...

They're all names of powerful demons. Let's just call Mammon then.

***

"Yoooo..." you hear a tired voice coming from the other side of the line.

"Hi."

"Huh? Who the hell are ya?! You ain't Lucifer."

"Ah right... I guess you can say I'm a human."

"Whaaa? A human? Geez, I was gettin' all chilly here thinkin' it was Lucifer again. Ya should've told me right away."

"Well, I would if you didn't start yelling at me." you frown.

He didn't seem to be nice at all, but it's understandable. He's a demon after all.

"So, what business does a human have to do with The Mammon?"

"You will be in charge of me from now on."

"No way! There's nothin' in it for me! Whaddya even mean by "be in charge of you"?"

You didn't answer. You didn't know how to. How could you explain something you didn't understand yourself?

Then you heard his loud voice once again.

"AAH! I get it now! You're the other human. The new exchange student!"

Well, that's not wrong...

"Good luck with that, and see ya."

"Lucifer called for you."

"Pfft, whatever. Ya think The Mammon would listen to ya just 'cause you're tryin' to scare me with that name?"

Your lips parted and you were ready to answer, but Lucifer, that was listening to everything up until now, took the phone from your hand and brought it closer to his mouth.

"You've got 10 seconds...9...8..."

"Yes, Sir!" you hear Mammon shout.

Suddenly, the call turned off and Lucifer handed you the phone like device again.