The Blaise Zabini Quiz

Blaise Zabini's POV

I sat crossed legged on Theo's bed, styling his hair whilst he and Draco played cards. Pansy lay on Theo's pillows, staring at the ceiling with a blank look on her face. I frowned. I hated not knowing what was nothing her so much. I mean, it was extremely obvious that something had been occupying her mind since we got to school. She nearly talked as much as I did, which was completely out of character for her, she rarely smiled and she constantly watched Draco like a hawk. She would often chuckle at something Draco or Theo said, but besides that, she didn't seem like Pansy which was unnerving.

I was worried, really worried, but something in the back of my head told me I didn't want to delve into it. So I didn't, which I slowly began regretting. My hand went slack on Theo's shoulder and he looked up at me, away from his cards. "Blaise?"

"Mhm?" I hummed, slumping my head against the back of his neck. "How about we all go for a swim?" He suggested out of nowhere and I found myself smiling. I hadn't swam in so long, mysbe I could clear my head? Pansy sat up and Draco set his cards on the floor. "So that's a yes, then?" Theo grinned, standing up. I ran to my bedroom and changed into a pair of grey shorts, my chest bare. Yes, maybe if was almost winter- but the water couldn't be too cold. I grabbed a towels, slipped on some tennis shoes and ran to meet the others in the hallway. I rose an eyebrow when I only found Theo. He was wearing dark blue shorts and brown sandals, a towel draped over his shoulder. I narrowed my eyes.

"Where'd they go?" I asked and he shrugged dramatically. Only then had I realized that I'd braided his hair into ten neat cornrows and it looked great. I wanted to lay myself on the back for my work but I shook myself out of my pride. "I checked their rooms and they're not there." Theo stated, scratching his neck. A sudden anger swelled up in my chest. Again? They dissappear again? First, I woke up in the Hogwarts Express to find the both of them had gone. Then, Draco nearly faints in Potions and I don't see him until after dinner. Then, the both of them act weird this morning after having an encounter with Peeves and now they've disappeared again?!

"Let's go." I sneered, walking through the portrait hole, Theo hot on my heels. "Where are we going?" He took long steps to catch up with me. I was in a rage, and unfortunately, I new exactly why. I new I couldn't hold back any longer. This issue of Pansy and Draco leaving without a trace has made my brain go a little too in depth with the situation. I knew Draco was gay, he told me himself. But the part of me that was storming through the corridors of Hogwarts with a confused Theodore behind me was jealous.

The thought suddenly stopped me in my tracks and Theo bumped into my back with his chest, grunting. I grabbed his hand to catch him before he fell and that's when he caught a glimpse of my face.

"You-you're crying." He stammered in awe, his eyes wide. I laughed and averted his gaze. "You've seen me cry before, Theo," I stated dryly, wiping my eyes. I felt so incredibly stupid. Why on mother earth was I crying?! I rarely cried. I never really needed to. The stinging in my eyes was unfamiliar and strange and I really didn't like it. Theo huffed. "Yeah, maybe. But we were twelve." He whispered, making me face him. I might've been an inch or so taller than Theo, but his strength was unbelievable.

Concern churned in his indestinguishable eyes. Realization dawned on him and he stared at the floor. "This is about Draco?" He said with melancholy. I closed my eyes. "How'd you know?" I whispered, my voice groggy. I was so incredibly grateful that the corridors were empty. I opened my eyes and watched at Theo tilted his head like a dog would. To my surprise, he chuckled. "You underestimate how much of you I know, Blaise." He said and I snorted, smiling a small smile. "Pop quiz then. My favourite colour?" Theo smirked. "You don't have one but the colour you wear the most is dark grey." He said effortlessly. I narrowed my eyes. "My fifth step-father?" I asked.

"Patrick Kray."

"Schools I've been to?"

"Ilvermorny, Beauxbatons and Hogwarts." He replied.

"Patronus?"

"You summoned it in fourth year and have since forgotten."

"Favourite food?" I rasped. Theo rolled his eyes.

"Bread and butter. So simple yet so delicious."

"Where was I born?"

"You're Italian, but your mother gave birth to you in Morocco." He said off-handly.

"Where did I buy the shorts I'm wearing right now?"

"You didn't. You made those. You make all your clothes because store bought clothes give you rashes."

"Languages I speak?" I growled.

"Italian, English, French, Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese and you're currently learning Latin."

My eye twitched and I yelled in frustration.

"Okay-" I started. "You can't possibly know this one."

Theo stared at me smugly. His eyes said Try me. I mentally grinned. He couldn't possibly know this one. I'd never told it to anyone, written it down let alone speak it out loud. Not even my own Mother knew the answer.

"When is my birthday?"

"The eleventh of August."

"HOW DID YOU KNOW?!"

Theodore burst out laughing, clutching his stomach. I stared at him in shock, my fists clenched. Suddenly, I chuckled and began laughing too. We began walking again and soon the morning breeze tussled my clothes, tickling my skin. The Black Lake glistening in the sun.

"You don't know it, but you probably know more about me than I do you." Theo stated matter-of-factly. I rose an eyebrow, listening to leaves crunch under my feet. "What makes you think that?" I asked and Theo shrugged, licking his lips. "Just a hunch." He smirked, momentarily loosing his shoe to a rock. He cursed and put it back on, hiding a smile. I rolled my eyes and we hung out towels on the Beech tree in front of the Lake. I slipped my shoes off and he did the same.

"If I find the squid first you have to do the Theodore Nott quiz." He grinned with a lopsided smile, side eyeing me. I narrowed my eyes and huffed. "If I find it first, you teach me how to read people like you do." I replied and he thought for a moment before nodding. "I think we have a deal, Mr Zabini." He said.

We shook on it before simultaneously launching into the chilling water. The coldness reminding me of the nightmare I'd woken up from this morning, freezing to death in Draco's room.