Chapter 13

Ganesh Chaturti, the festival of Lord Ganesha. I remember this day clearly. In this festival, the elephant headed Lord Ganesha's idol is brought to home and worshipped as per traditions. It is solemnly believed that, Lord Ganesha will end all our sufferings and pains. Ganesha is also known as Dukh Harta. This festival lasts for ten days. The tenth day is also known as Anant Chaturti.

You must be thinking why am telling you all this? It is because, this was the second day of Ganesh Chaturti. My bond with my Lord Ganesha is very special. From a very young age I believed, He is my father, friend, and God. Someone, whom I don't need to ask for anything, because, He knows what His daughter needs. I have never felt the need to ask. I always get what I need. Like today.

Today, on this auspicious occasion, I wanted Rudra to come home and get blessings of Lord. Since Mumma didn't like him, it was actually not possible. But concidently, Mumma and my Sister-in-law, Rishita, were at a relative's place. Bhaiya in office. And Dad, really doesn't care, so I got a chance to invite Rudra, I felt happy and blessed.

Dad was having fever. But he kept doing his senseless work. Nor was he eating anything, niether was he having any medicine. Instead he was suffering. Rudra came for only two minutes, within which Dad saw him. After Rudra left, I gave Dad the look of " don't tell Mum anything, it is a secret between us. " He smiled in a teasing way and said " He is wonderful gudda". I blushed furiously. I don't know how, but he understood about us. I was glad anyways that he approved Rudra. Atleast my one parent liked him.

As the time passed, Dad's condition worsened. He was constantly on bed. His body was stiff. He was not listening to any one of us. At night when I was talking to Rudra, Dad was lying in front of my eyes, his face was redenned. It was a very bad sight. My eyes filled with warm tears, as they rolled down from my cheeks. I can't see him like this.

Rudra: stop worrying Khushi, he will be fine.

Me: you are not getting it Rudra, he is not taking any intake of food from two days now, he is not taking any medicine as well, and also not ready to go for check-up. He is in front of my eyes, curled into a ball, so thin, so weak, so fragile. His skin is all red. I can not see him like this. I want him to move around, to shout at us all, to fight. I want him normal.

I sobbed hard. Very hard. Sure I never liked him, but I can't see him suffering, so helpless.

Rudra: Khushi, listen to me. You two have a bond. A connection. He talks minimum, but when he shares something, it is with you. He does not eat something, but if you have made something, he eats. I know this is a hard time, but I can say, you know it, you know to how he can be convinced. Think about it Khushi, am sure you are the one who can convince him to go for treatment. You just need to calm down and think it.

Me: you are right Rudra, I know it. I know exactly what to do, thank you so much. I love you too. I will call you tomorrow.

I said as an idea to convince my Dad popped into my mind.

Rudra: yeah OK. Love you.

I can almost hear him smile on the other line.