Chapter 12

" If I have your presence,
     the world doesn't matter"

A simple call of message, in the worst of my mood, from Rudra, was so much comforting. Although nothing seemed possible right now, nothing seemed right. But I had a smile on my face, cx no matter how the things were, he was with me. Always.

Next day when I woke up, Dad was talking to Arush " Aru, see, I bought chocolates for you "

The lil boy ran towards his Dadu and hugged him tight. " Gimme na, gimme na dadu" he said in a cute innocent tone. Dad loved us. No matter what, but he did love us. I loved him too. I don't know, sometimes, what happens to him.

Me: have lunch Dad.

Dad: I don't want it.

He snapped at me. Always, when something happened, he used to stop eating food. As if it's gonna make a difference.

Me: I have made it.

Dad: you have made it?

Me: yeah.

He took the plate and started eating. I smiled. There was nothing that I have cooked, and still he wouldn't eat. The only people he talked at home were I and Arush. I sat besides him and talked politely while he ate.

Me: why you do it Dad?

Dad: I can't help it gudda, last night I heard someone talk about your Mom, and I just lost it.

Me: it's ok Dad, people keep on saying things, she loves you.

Dad: no she does not. I know, she's not happy. But I can't do anything about it. I can't change now.

Me: you can change Dad, you can have a normal lifestyle. Don't work, be at home, but don't do unnecessary things. Watch tv, play with Arush. Stop all this Dad.

Dad: what do you think, I like it? When I know, my own son feeds me and not the other way around? Although am very proud of him. Still I feel worse. But nothing can change now, I have tried. Nothing is giving me Peace of mind, but these stupid things.

I frowned. When he is so stubborn, what's the point discussing. I took my cell phone, it was ringing.

Payal: Are you free tomorrow?

Me: Yeah, probably.

This was Payal. Never expect her to greet when she calls, she straight comes to the point. Not that I mind. I think phone calls should be short and to the point.

Payal was my very old friend. I met her even before I  met Khwaish. But since I was very close to Khwaish, last year, I never really talked to her. After Khwaish stopped talking to me, Payal was still there for me. Such friends are very rare. She was cute, bubbly, caring, loving and very talkative. She was my only friend from the past few months. She had many friends other than me, but I never talked to them. Since, last few days were very difficult for me at home, I decided to ask her to introduce me to her friends, so that we can all go for an outing. I needed it. It was finally time to make some new friends.

Payal: Hello, you there?

Me: yeah yeah..am sorry.. I spaced out.

Payal: Never mind. Tomorrow we have planned to go Asangaon. Wana join?

Me: yup. I would love to.

I smiled. Finally there would be something to keep my mind busy.

Payal: Ok then. See you around 12.00pm.

Me: Yeah sure.

And with that she disconnected the call. Hope for a better tomorrow.