Chapter Eleven Jordan

Every summer vacation my family goes to the Cape. But this year it's just me and my parents as all my siblings are either working or just coming back from college. Jon the second youngest in our family will meet us at our house later. Of course, I'm here as I'm the youngest of the family. Next year is my last year at high school and I'm going to be a senior. More pressure next year and I already have that being the captain of the basketball team. We won the state championship and have pressure in winning it next year. But I may not be there next year as my parents want to move out of Boston. I'm not happy as my friends are there, it's my last year in high school and I'm the captain of the basketball team, the winning basketball team. And my parents want to take that away from me. Now because I'm the captain and yea I'm good looking too all the girls want to hang around me. But they are just attached to me because they like the fact that I'm the star player and the captain of the team. It helps with their popularity, not mine. During the walk to the girls place after she wanted to leave our party early on July 4th. I told her that girls hang off me for their popularity and I nearly told her I was single. But I know she has a boyfriend as I have met him. He doesn't treat her like he should. He's too childish.

I nearly kissed her that night but moved and walked away before that happened.

Now she is back again with our group sitting at the beach. What's her name? Oh, Kelsey. I didn't see her come as I was out in the water. But when we came back there she was. I stopped in front of her with Lydia hanging off me like I'm hers. I wish she would stop it. I'm not interested in her at all.

"Go away, you guys are getting us wet" complained Emma who moved away from Devin and Josh. Lydia finally moved away from me to get herself a towel to dry off.

"Thanks, Jordan. That was fun" replies Lydia who places her hand on my cheek making me look uncomfortable. I want her to stop touching me like that. Like I'm hers.

"No problem" talking to her but I am finding I'm looking at Kelsey. She catches me looking at her but she looks away. I chuckle as she is trying to look anywhere but at me. I know she is checking me out like all the girls do.

"Jordan sit with us," said Chelsea.

"Nah I'm good here". Sits near Charlotte and Kelsey, drying myself off with a towel.

Why am I looking at her? She has a boyfriend. And is younger than our group.

" How was it out there?".

"The watah was alright" I reply.

"Is your brother here, J?" asked Chris.

"Yeah Jon is here. College boy is back at the house with his nose in his books".

" Not like you then".

"Me and books don't go well. I am going to college with a scholarship".

While us boys were talking about me and my brother, I could hear the girls conversation.

"How long are you vacationing in Cape".

" I have another 4 weeks then back home," says Kelsey.

"Where's home?".

" Boston". Ooh, she lives in Boston. I recognised her boyfriend as he was hanging around the other team's basketball team which we beat at the State Championship. Oh her boyfriend is friends with my rival. Ooh, this is gonna be fun.

"Same," says Charlotte "I won't ask what school".

" Thanks".

Then we started to discuss what to have for lunch. There is only one place we go to when at the beach.