Chapter Nine Kelsey

My sister still won't let it down that Jordan had walked me home. Nor have I asked her if he was the one she liked. Well, all the girls liked him when he was playing against our team in the state championships. They like him because he's tall, handsome, plays basketball and most of all captain of the team. Before he walked me home that night he muttered that the girls that surround him are there for their benefit not his and he was about to say something else but he had stopped himself from saying it. I wonder what he was going to say.

I was going to spend the day on the beach with Charlotte and her friends. I don't really want to as some of her friends aren't very warming towards me. I think it's cos I'm younger than them. Or it might be cos they think Jordan has taken a shine to me. It's been a week since the 4th of July party where I left early due to the unwelcoming feeling I was given. Off I go to the beach to see Charlotte. I have only 4 weeks left of our vacation. Then I am back in Boston with Joe. We never stay past the first or second week of August as we always have most of August to get ready for the new school year. Well, here I am walking down towards the beach in a summer dress this time, a nice floral design. I wanted to wear something different than shorts and a tee-shirt. There they were sitting in the same spot they always do.

"Hey kels," Charlotte says as I sit next to her.

I notice Jordan, Devin and Josh weren't there nor was Lydia. It was a little quieter without them. It was a lovely summers day, sunny with a bit of a summers breeze cos of the sea. Then the noise came as two of them ran up the beach towards us from the water. Followed by Jordan who stopped in front of us with Lydia hanging off him as if he was hers.

"Go away, you guys are getting us wet" complained Emma who moved away from Devin and Josh. By this time Lydia who was wearing a bikini, moved away from Jordan to get herself a towel to dry off.

"Thanks, Jordan. That was fun" replies Lydia who places her hand on his cheek making him look uncomfortable.

"No problem" talking to her but looking at me.

I looked up at them doing that and get caught by brown eyes looking back at me. I look away quickly as he is standing there in just shorts all wet as he had just come from the sea. Don't look I tell myself. You have Joe I also tell myself. But I can't help it as he standing there with no top on with a very trim, muscular athletic body. Not only is he good looking but has the body to go with it. I hear a chuckle from him cos I am trying to look anywhere but at him.

"Jordan sit with us," said Chelsea another one of his followers.

"Nah I'm good here". Sits near us drying himself off with a towel.

Damn it. Go and sit with the bimbo wannabes and stop staring at me. I can still feel those brown eyes staring into me. Now I am feeling a little uncomfortable.

" How was it out there?".

"The watah was alright".

He's got such a thick accent.

"Is your brother here, J?" asked Chris.

"Yeah Jon is here. College boy is back at the house with his nose in his books".

" Not like you then".

"Me and books don't go well. I am going to college with a scholarship".

While the boys were talking about Jordan and his brother. Charlotte and I were having our own natter.

"How long are you vacationing in Cape".

" I have another 4 weeks then back home," I say.

"Where's home?".