04

"why are you in my house, koro sensei?"

~♡~

a day before the summer festival, rio had called y/n that she would not be joining her.

"sorry! my parents had a last minute plan, ya know?" 

y/n recalled the call she had with rio. rio sounded guilty throughout the call for not being able to accompany y/n to the festival. well, she did invite y/n to the summer festival and ditched her last minute, but y/n didn't blame her.

"please come to the summer festival this night! i invited the others but most of them already had plans! you're my last hope, y/n!" koro sensei cried out while kneeling in front of y/n.

"that doesn't answer my question." y/n stated out with her usual cheery smile. "you do know that you're invading my personal space, do you?"

"i came here to invite you, so please think over it! i'll be going now." koro sensei pleaded as he stood up, and with a blink of an eye, he was gone.

y/n sighed as her smile dropped. maybe it wasn't that bad spending time with the others.

she placed her phone aside as she walked to her wardrobe to change into a new outfit. a few days before, rio had helped her to choose a new kimono for the festival and y/n thought it would be a waste if she didn't wear them out.

"thank god, there are more people than i thought!" koro sensei heaved a sigh of relief

"thank god, there are more people than i thought!" koro sensei heaved a sigh of relief. he had been invading his students' houses to invite them, and he was relieved to say that there were at least a few students who came.

"y/n! you look pretty in that kimono." maehara cooed as he gave y/n a blink.

"..anyways, isogai, you look great!" y/n ignored the latter and grinned at isogai, giving him a thumbs up.

"y/n..." maehara sighed in defeat and everyone broke into a laughter soon after, including maehara.

everyone was enjoying themselves at the festival while koro sensei was busy earning money by making food from popular food stores that closed early that day.

the street was filled with content smiles and laughter. the atmosphere was joyful as everyone set aside their worries to enjoy themselves at the merry festival while it lasted.

it wasn't long after it started to rain but that didnt affect the liveliness. everyone started to hide under a shelter to prevent themselves from getting wet, while others ran to buy umbrellas.

the kunugigaoka high schoolers chatted and laughed alongside their teacher as they each held an umbrella in their palms. how they wished for it to last forever, everyone being themselves without being treated as failures . while that was not the best thing to do with their target, who so happened to be their teacher that they were supposed to kill, but they decided to ignore it for this one time and cherish the moment while it lasted

"hey, look! fireworks!" kayano beamed as she pointed her finger at the sky.

everyone looked up simultaneously. the impressive display of fireworks made their jaws drop. it was an unforgettable sight as they exploded in the sky and filled it with colours and light.

it was quite dazzling to watch as some of the fireworks shot straight up before exploding, while others quickly shattered into thousands of sparks.

while everyone was in awe, y/n was unimpressed. her smile faded slowly as she stared blankly at the sky. the change in attitude did not go unnoticed by her classmate. it was an extraordinary sight, who wouldn't be amazed by it? for someone who was always cheerful and filled with joy, it was unusual seeing her acting indifferently and emotionless for the first time.

"hey, y/n..? are you okay?" nagisa asked worriedly.

this made the others turned to y/n despite the loud noises the fireworks were creating.

y/n snapped out of her trance as she tried her best to force a smile. "yeah. don't mind me, i just feel a little.. tired. i'll get going first. it was fun hanging out with you guys."

that did not convince the others, but they couldn't do anything about it if she chose not want to open up to them. she was definitely hiding something, but they did not want to force her to tell them.

they only stared at her back with concern in their eyes as she walked away from them, the distance between them slowly increasing each step she took. everyone was silent, even koro sensei. the only thing that sounded on the area was the explosion created by the fireworks and the water droplets caused by the rain that made contact with the ground. it was hard to believe that this indifferent girl was the same jovial girl they knew.

"hey.. is it just me or does she seem like she's hiding something from us?" maehara decided to broke the uneasy tension that built up. "now that i think about it, we don't even know anything about her, do we?"

he wasn't wrong. they thought they were close but they knew nothing about her. her hobbies, her pet peeves, her family. all they knew was that she came from a rich family. the sudden realisation made them realised how close yet far away y/n was from them.

they couldn't help but feel guilty. she was always there when they needed her the most, but nobody was there when she needed them the most. she was always ready to listen to their troubles and experiences, but nobody was there to do the same for her.

she gave okajima half of her allowance since he couldn't afford the latest brand new camera, she sometimes helped isogai with his part timed job at the cafe to lessen his burden and stress, and even flipped nagisa's mother off when she found her forcing nagisa to try out a dress at a public store. and yet, they thought that she was just a kind and carefree person without any troubles and worries holding her back.

y/n clicked her tongue as she frowned in frustration. no doubt they were going to bombard her with questions when school reopened. maybe she shouldn't have gone to the festival if she knew this was going to happen. she hated it when she let her emotions show. and with the intelligence of the octopus, she would be exposed soon enough. or maybe, he already knew everything from the start but chose to keep quiet for her sake.

 or maybe, he already knew everything from the start but chose to keep quiet for her sake