Sanctuary *part 3* (chapter 10)

Start from the beginning

"That's a metal gag," Steve said, aghast. Illusion-Loki deadpanned; "No, it's a gas mask." Maw lowered his finger again, Loki sagged against the chains and tried coughing repeatedly through the gag, but it was no use. He wheezed through his nose at the lack of air and tried snapping the chains by pulling his wrists, but that only caused them to etch into his skin, Maw watched the scene with twisted satisfaction for a few seconds before speaking up. "Now runt, we can't have you hurting yourself, that is our job, not yours." Maw grabbed a large syringe from the trunk and approached the Asgardian, who was squirming in the chains.

He shoved the syringe into Loki's neck, and slowly pushed the plunger, squeezing the liquid into the Asgardian, whose writhing had gradually started to come to a halt. Maw spoke up again. "Now runt, this is just a paralytic, so you should hear me just fine. In the case of moving, that should return in between a few minutes to an hour or so." Maw walked back the trunk and rummaged through it for a few seconds before returning with a bayonet knife.

He clutched it and quickly, and sufficiently cut off the frayed leather armour, with the exclusion of the black leather trousers he wore underneath his armour. He then stepped back to the trunk, he scoured through the chest before returning with a dagger, around 6 inches long. "I've heard that daggers are your weapon of choice, that you attack your adversaries with them. Would you like to know how it feels?" Maw inquired.

He stepped close to the Asgardian and brought the dagger in his line of vision, intricately designed lines were carved in the steel. Runes. He tried to move, but the most he could do was twitch his thumb. "Ah, so you recognize these runes, don't you? They're yours, to be correct, some for strength, protection, luck, victory, and of course, your rune, knowledge."What's a rune?" Steve asked Illusion-Loki responded;

"Runes are symbols used in magecraft, some noteworthy sorcerers, such as myself and a few others have runes after us. The basic ones are strength, speed, wealth, victory, etcetera. You can apply runes to weapons, armour, shields. Basically, anything that can be amplified, but runes take Seidr from the spellcaster, to make a rune slightly stronger, the spellcaster wouldn't feel a thing, but for a stronger rune, the spellcaster would get tired slightly easier. Since I'm a more experienced Seidr master, it would feel like a basic rune, with little to no side effects."

The avengers nodded and absorbed the information. "So, if my theory is correct, this dagger, or any weapon with runes as powerful as these, should be able to pierce your skin, lets test this idea, shall we?" He seized the knife and plunged it onto his side. The avengers gasped and clutched their sides, but the effort was futile, as Maw clutched the knife again, and twisted it a full 360 degrees before snatching it out with a sicking pop.

Maw wiped the knife with a  piece of bloody cloth he had retrieved from the trunk, he lifted his finger and the gag came off, the Asgardian gasped and coughed out blood. Maw clicked his tongue and shook his head slightly as he stared at the Asgardian, who was convulsing and choking on the cold metal ground, blood dribbling slowly down from his mouth into a pile of dark red the floor. "I will leave you now runt, but I suppose that's enough amusement for one day," "Wh- Why does he get delighted by seeing people get tortured?!" Steve said, flabbergasted, and outraged, Illusion-Loki replied; "Maw is... different from Thanos's other children. He came willingly to him since he gets... physical joy from watching other people's suffering and moulding them into new personalities, which is what he did to all of Thanos's other children when they arrived. He prefers youth since they're easier to mould into what he desires." "I've said it once, I'll say it again. He. is. A. Psycho." Clint said, punctuating every word with venom in his tone. Maw stated as he analyzed a set of metal keys before picking one out from the group.

He shoved it into the key holder and twisted it, he pulled the door open, before he left, he turned to the Asgardian and clicked his fingers. Causing the cuffs to come off and for Loki to fall into a heap on the floor, and disappeared behind the door, before closing and locking it again from the outside, with a soft, but audible click. After a few seconds, Loki's finger twitched. A few minutes later, he shoved his arm up and leaned on his elbows on the cold floor. He coughed repeatedly for a few minutes before stopping, a clicking sound was heard from the cell door, Loki looked up from his spot on the floor. A chitauri soldier came into the room, with Loki giving it a glare that could kill.

The chitauri soldier was holding a small tray in his hands, he placed the tray on the floor, then left, locking the door again. After a few seconds of silence, Loki crawled to the bowl and looked inside. There was a stagnant piece of bread and a small cup of water, barely more than a few millimetres. nevertheless, it was food and water so he took the piece of dry bread and bit off a chunk, but immediately coughed it out, as the second he had put it in his mouth his throat started burning. "W- What was that?" Clint said as he struggled to talk, Illusion-Loki responded; "Remember how I told you the drink earlier was poison?" The avengers nodded, Illusion-Loki continued, "Yes well in a normal system it's harmless, but since the bread had the activator, now it's starting to become poisonous."

"It won't kill you, will it?" Clint croaked out from his now-sore throat, Illusion-Loki replied; "No, it won't but I will fall unconscious shortly." His vision blurred suddenly and the room tilted sideways, at some point he'd laid down on the floor, looking up at the blurry ceiling. A fuzzy grey blob came into his point of view, he faintly heard a sentence being said, but it felt like everything was underwater. "The idiotic runt thought we would actually give him food, he must be more foolish than we thought." After that, everything went black.

- hope you liked the chapter - just-a-random-tissue