-17-

Peter went to his room, and, as tge door closed, took his hoodie and tshirt off. Stiched got pretty messed up and he turned on the spidey bot again, telling him what to do whrn he heard a knock on his door.

"Whos that?" Pete shouted from the bathroom

"Its Bucky" voice said.

"Come in, but do not go into the bathroom. Ill be out soon" Pete replied and heard door opening and closing. Peter heard how Bucky sat on a chair near the bookshelf and how he looked at the books. When Peter was done with the wound and bandages, Pete put on a clean black Tshirt and ooened the door to the bedroom.

"You okay?" Bucky asked, standing up and putting his hands in his black jean pockets.

"Yeah, im good, dont worry" Peter said and grunted slightly while putting a blavk hoodie.

"You need a ride to school?" he asked.

"Last time I heard you werent allowed out of the tower if its not for a mission or briefing at Shield" Peter replied with a smike and went to his table, gerring his backpack. "i mean- no, thank you. Im good" Pete nodded his head and went to leave. Bucky was right after him.

Pete went through the kitchen and grabbed an apple, waved a goodbye to Tony, who was sitting on a bar chair with a big mug of coffee in his hands and still half asleep. The boy got into the elevator and went to the garage floor, where Happy was waiting for him in the car. Their relationship improved a lot during the time they knew each other. Happy woukd come over to Tony to hang out and Peter woukd make cmall conversations with him before going to do his business.

"Hey kid" Happy greeted, giving him his lunch, wrapped in a cartoon bag.

"Oh, Happy" Peter practically moaned. "You are my savior, you know that?" he made out a playful whimper as he went to the passenger seat in the front. "If not you, i wpukd probably starve to death, Happy" Peter continued. "Thank you so much" Peter said and groaned as he positioned himself and hissed at the pain in the back.

"Tough night?" he asked, sounding concerned and gave me a big cup of caramel latte. My favorite.

"Tough week, Happy. First the rouges came there, then Stark started being an irresponsible asshole he is, then Romanoff who decided to play leaders but not giving a thing about preparation to the missions, then me spending hours in my workshop doing Starks work, Banner disappeared somewhere again, then i got injured last night pretty badly and we have a mission tonight and im running on caffeine for the last week and i only have one cup left that ill take before the mission before i get into the 20 to 40 hours caffeine coma" Peter said under one breath and sipped his coffee again. "Because of that i might have to finish school this year or sooner, i cant live like that, Haps. Its too much even for me" Peter groaned.

"Pete, you are a kid, a teenager. Stop taking such a big responsibility on your shoulders. Yes, i know, with great power comes great responsibity, but it doesnt mean you should be the one to take all of it," he pat Peters shoulder with his right hand and put it back on the wheel. "Try to let it go, just go to school and then patrolling, thats it, like the old times when you were texting me about every cat you saved, huh? But without saving burning planes and catching phycos part, okay?" he chuckled and Peter smiled tiredly

"Thanks, Happy" Peter nodded and they continued in silence, Peter falling half asleep for the rest of the ride.

When the car stopped, Peter stood up, looking sleepish, and walked to the back seat where his backpack was.

"Thanks Happy, love you" Peter closed the door and waved his hand, going one block to his school. Happy looked surprised, but then his face made a huge smile and he turned car around, continuing his day until it was time to pick Peter up.

***

Scholl day was going pretty smoothly until the last class. It was Maths, but in the begining of it Mr. Harrington came in with a big pile of paper.

"Class, today you are having a test. It includes all the material you know. You must comokete it until the bell rings or sooner. Result will be sent to Stark Industries and used to choose 5 interns. They will be there until Christmas, 2 months, to be exact and after school they will be working on projects. It is not paid, but Company might give you a reward if you achieve certain goals and will impress the scientists ot head scientists" he said and gace papers to the class. Peter opened it and started surfing through the pages. It was nothing too difficult, but it needs a lot of writing, so he should be done in 30 minutes or so.

Everyone immediately grabbed their pens and penciks and started writing. Peter did too, and in 25 minutes he put his pencil on the table and stood up to give it to the teacher. Saying the least, Mr. H. was surprised but didbt comment it. Peter went back to his seat but Flash suddenly pushed Parker in the back, with made brunette hiss painlu and get his stuff in his back quickly, going out of school. Pete walked same block and saw Happys car standing in the alley between old buildings. Pete waved hjs hand slightly and sat ob the passenger seat in the front. Happy tirned engine on and the moved.

"How was your day, kid?" Happy asked.

"It coukd be worse, i guess. Last class we had this test madr by SI, so i got out of there faster than Flash and didnt hurt my back other than a push" he repkied, closing his eyes and making a ball out of himself. "Tell me when we'll get to the tower"he mumbled the last part." And i need to call May, she will be furious I-" and then other than incoherent mumbling Happy coukdnt hear anything but Peeters slow and deep breathing.

"Sure kid, will do" Happy whispered, turnibg music off and turning on white noise that helped Peter sleep better. Happy once noticed that noises of engine working were calming, so he supposed that white noise woukd work even better for the teen, and he was right, Peter seemed to fall alseep in the car faster and have a short map before going back into this madness Stark Tower is.

***

"Hey, Pete, we arrived" Happy whispered, softly, tpuchibg Peters shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah, im up" Peter grumped abd opened his eyes slowly.

"Need help?" Happy asked, looking at Peter who could barely stand straight, not mentioning having a back pack on his shoulders. Peter nodded his head slowly, his eyes closing slowly. "Okay" Happy said mostly to himself, taking Peters backpack and putting Peters hand around his shoukder so the boy wouldn't fall.

"youre the best" Peter whispered and Happy blushed. "If youre gonna have kids, they will be lucky to have a dad like you" he sighed. Happy chuckled and kissed boys temple. Elevator softly dinged and Avengers floor was in his sight. Happy went out from the elevator. Everyone were there sitting around a table, probably having lunch. As everyone turned around, Bucky stood up and took Peter from Happy.

"What going on?" he asked, whispering.

"Fell asleep after school. It happens a lot, dont worry. He shoukd wake up in around an hour" Happy whispered back giving Bucky Peters backpack

"Why is it so heavy?" he asked, shocked

"i dont know" Happy repkied and left, without saying any hellos or goodbyes.

"Bucky?" Peter mumbled. Still half asleep and leaned closer

"Yeah, its me, Pete, come on, lets get you to bed" Bucky said, heading to Peters room. "Howd you know it was me?" he asjed again.

"You smell comfortingly" Peter purred and leaned closer. Bucky chuckled and put Peter on his bed, covering him with a blanket and closing the door as he left.

"Oh Pete, what are you doing to yourself?" Bucky sighed, goibg bavk to the dining table

_____

I understand that I'm away too long but I need more time so I pulled it out from my drafts. Hope you like it.

Anyway, see you.

Sincerely yours,

-V

WC:1394
5th November, 2021