Kiss ( ˘ ³˘) !!

You've grown not only very fond of Eda, but of the children that often tagged alongside her as well. Amity, Luz, Gus, Willow and even King were such a pleasure to have around. You'd say it's been about a few weeks now that you spent with everybody. Eating meals together, walking around the Boiling Ailses, having meaningless competitions and games... it was so much more fun than you ever thought you would have here.

"I already told you, you don't have to do chores, y/n."

You ignore Eda and continue sweeping. "I need to contribute somehow. I'm practically dead weight." You insist.

"You're going to be dead if you don't stop overworking yourself. Come on, I'll fix you something to eat." She offers, tapping your shoulder. "Give me that." She says, snagging the broom. You groan. "You've literally been sweeping for an hour."

"And what about it?" You say, then give in. "Fine." You huff. You were starting to feel a little lightheaded.

"I've got PB and J." Eda says, searching the cupboards. "Luz seems to like this stuff."

"That honestly sounds amazing right now." You say, your mouth practically watering. Truthfully, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich usually isn't your first choice, but right now, you would eat anything. The Boiling Aisles has a limited source of normal human food, you've learned, so you've been living off of the most digestible plants that grew here, and occasionally, things like griffin eggs.

You watch over Eda's shoulder as she cuts the loaf of bread into thin slices. "Do you have to stand right there?" She says through a laugh.

"I need to see if you're making it correctly."

"I think I know how to make a sandwich, y/n." You loved when she said your name.

Eda opens up the can of peanut butter and sticks the knife in it, transferring it onto the bread. Then, she spreads the jelly onto the other slice. You were practically drooling just looking at it... and her.

"Too much peanut butter." You joke.

"Do you want me to stick this knife down your throat?" Eda says, turning around and playfully holding up the knife. Her eyes widen when she realizes how close you two really were. You back up a step, but are unable to do anymore. The warmth of her body is radiating off onto you, and it is practically like a drug. "You're awfully close..."

"And..." you whisper. "What about it?" Eda's expression had gone sheepish. You didn't expect something so bold to come out of your mouth, and it seems like neither did she. You loved the way you made her nervous, the amount of power you held over Eda's emotions was more than both of you knew. And vice versa. "Thanks for the sandwich." You say, breaking eye contact and landing your eyes on the peanut butter and jelly.

"Uh..." she stammers. "You're welcome?"

You bite into it, the delicious flavors sinking into your tastebuds. "It's so good." You say through a mouthful. Eda stares at you, the air in her cheeks making them puff out. Was she holding in a laugh? "What are you on about?"

"The fact that half the sandwich is all over your face." Eda answers, finally letting out her snickers. She reaches for a napkin on the other side of the table and brings it to your cheek, still slightly laughing at you.

She's so pretty. Her ivory skin perfectly compliments the maroon color of her lips. And the maroon matches the red dress she always wore. She is the perfect example of beautiful without trying, and she knows that for sure. "There. Now try not to dirty the shirt I gave you." She says, eyeing the t shirt she handed you this morning. It was a crop top, which you assume was something she used to wear in her younger days. She thought you would like it, and you didn't. You ended up loving it.