Three

"Good morning, y/n." Eda whispers as your eyes flutter open, revealing a ravishing looking witch in her pajamas. You stretch your legs and arms, the burns on your body bringing sharp pain throughout.

"Did I fall asleep last night?" You ask, barely remembering anything from game night. Everyone was arguing over who won, but you were too tired to care.

"Yeah. You were drooling all over the pillow, I was just switching it out for a new one." She explains, and you lift your head up so she can do so. How sweet, you think to yourself.

"Gross! I'm so sorry." you apologize.

"King has done worse. This is a treat, honestly." she mumbles and you laugh. "Also," she starts. "About yesterday..."

You sigh, face palming in frustration and embarrassment. "You don't have to bring it up, I'm utterly humiliated. I probably look like a weak human to you."

"Even the most powerful witches have feelings, y/n." She says, sitting on the edge of the couch. You glance over behind her at the floor, where a pillow and blanket lay.

"Oh no, Eda. Did you sleep on the floor?" She looks at the floor where you are looking and then back at you.

"It's no big deal."

"You shouldve made the human sleep on the floor." you joke.

"I'm not that mean."

"But, really," you say. "You dont have to sleep there from now on. We can just share the couch. It's pretty big."

"If you stop your drooling problem, then maybe I'll consider." She replies.

"Please," you say. "Anything but the drooling."

"Tell that to yourself."

"Immature." You say, then yawn. "What time is it anyways?"

"Just before sunrise." Eda answers, looking out the window.

"Wait," You sit up in the bed. "Do you guys have normal sunrises here?" Eda turns to you with a confused expression.

"Why wouldn't we?" She asks and you grin. You immediately throw off the blanket that is on top of you and spring to your feet. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Eda exclaims, running towards you. "You definitely shouldn't be walking around, let alone running, yet." You realize shes right when you collaspe, your legs not being able to take anymore standing. You were still injured, and you could feel all the pain in your body.

But you don't hit the floor when you fall, Eda grabs you before you tip over and you flop into her arms. "Agh," you groan. "I feel so weak."

"Sit back down." She orders, turning you back towards the couch. "You need rest and we don't want you getting hurt."

"I just wanted to see the sunrise." You grumble.

"That's what you really ran for? I mean... if you really want to see it..." She ponders.

"I really want to see it." You emphasize.

"I guess I could carry you in my owl beast form... if you're not scared of heights, that is." You snort to hide your feeings of terror. Of course you were scared of heights, but would you admit that to the most badass witch you've ever met? Absolutely not.

"I'm not a scaredy-cat." You scoff. "What do you think I am?" You ask, fake defensively.

"A human." She answers nonchalantly.

"Very funny." You deadpan. "Okay, so how are we going to do this?" You ask, now being able to stand on your own.

"I'll carry you, and then I'll change. I know you've seen my owl beast form before but you were sort of blacked out..." She says shyly. "Just don't be scared, okay? It's still just me, and I wont hurt you." Eda reassures you, but you were never that worried. When you saw her as the owl, it wasn't fear that you felt. It was safety.

"I'll be fine."

"Okay." she says. "Now... alley-ooop!" She scoops you up off your feet, and your a little surprised at how strong she is. It was impressive, and when you glanced at her briefly you could see her arm muscles flexing as she carried you. You quickly avert your eyes, not trying to be a creep. "To the sunrise we go."

"To the sunrise we go." You repeat.

Hooty was thankfully asleep as well as king and luz, so nobody heard you quietly slip out of the owl house.

"You might want to hold on." She suggests.

"Right." You say, wrapping your arms around her neck. You feel like royalty.

"Here goes." She announces, and you look into her eyes. Her white and grey irises are quickly replaced with small yellow circles. Before you know it, her wings emerge and the hands that were holding you are now giant talons. You gasp lightly, taking in the sight of her. "Please, dont be scared. I'm not going to hurt you."

But that was far from the reason you gasped. The owl-human form that eda was able to transform into was one hundred times more attractive than her regular self. Her wings, made out of small grey and white feathers looked soft to the touch. The talons, dark and sharp, looked like they could kill you with just a little poke. Long, dusty colored hair emerged from the inside of her ear, reaching almost all the way down to her feet, as well as the mane on her head. She was simply spectacular, and you were speechless just trying to absorb every single detail of the woman.

"Eda," you breathe. "You are truly amazing."

Eda's cheeks flush crimson for the few seconds she stares at you, now becoming the one speechless. "Oh, you think too highly of me." She brushes off the compliment, but her face told you that she really appreciated it. Wrapped up in Eda's tight hold, she jumps up and flaps her wings, flying towards the sky.

Not able to admit your fear of heights to her, you try to avoid looking down, but of course do it anyways. The awe takes you over. This isn't the first time you've flew with her, but it's the first full, decent experience you've had. Your arms are too short to reach her neck, now, so you result to clasping on tight to her chest feathers. "I'm not going to drop you, y/n. Look, open your eyes."

You force your eyes open, you refuse to miss this moment. And when they land on the beautiful Boiling Aisles sunrise, your jaw drops open wide. You didnt know it was possible, but it was so much more gorgeous than back home. The sky was painting an ombre of red, orange and pink, added with white fluffy clouded scattered here and there. You wanted to bury yourself in the eye catching sight. "Pretty cool right?" Eda asks you.

You giggle. "More than cool."

Yet, the coolest thing ever was obviously not the sunset. It was the prepossessing witch who held you so tight, but so gentle at the same time. The one who hugged you, and wiped your tears when you cried. You could care less about the sunset, be locked up in the dark Owl House, as long as she was there right by your side. Everything she did was magnificent. You wondered why she was a "reject" in this mysterious world, when in your eyes, she was nothing of the sort.

"Look at the sunrise, not me, silly!" Eda jokes, but your staring fueled her ego. She became more aware of the effect she had on you the more you let the effect... well, affect you. How could you not? Edalyn Clawthorne tickled your heart and mimicked your laugh. Her aura radiated rainbows of vibrant colors, and made your eyes cry with joy.

"I was just looking at the food stuck in your teeth." You quip.

"Do you want to fall to your death?" She barks back and all you can do is chortle. Once both of your laughs had died down, Eda says: "Ready to go back, now?"

"Ugh," You groan, the thought of being on the ground again boring you. "Is a few more minutes alright?"

"More than alright." Eda mumbles, but she thinks you cant hear her.

So you pretend that you didn't.