🎧 1 🎧

I blinked at them once, twice then instead of coming inside more I just turned on my heel and walked out putting my hood on and earphones back on just walking with no real destination.
How I got here? To this exact point....
I walked to my sister getting permission for me and her to move in with dad and mom hugging her thanking her. They saw me and well I walked away. I stopped in front of my high school and sat down sighed. I watch as cars pass, as they honk, yells, laughing at passing people. Someone sat next to me. I glance and saw it was Mr. Fisher. The school counselor. I sighed and pulled out the earphones.
"Hey Justin. I thought you'd be home." He said.
"I was. But I rather be here than there at the moment." I said.
"Something going on at home?" He asked.
"Just Bella back stabbing me, throwing me under the bus to kill me off and shopping me off to Forks at our dads." I said.
"So she said you agreed when you didn't." He asked.
"I didn't know about it till I walked in with mom thanking her and hugging her. I didn't want to get angry so I walked away to clear my mind and calm down." I stated.
"So do you not want to live with him." He asked.
"I don't know. The last time I saw him was when I was five a year after they divorced. I'm just mad she didn't talk to me and ask how I feel. I didn't even know that she was thinking about this." I said.
"Are you scared? To meet your father?" He asked. I stared into the street.
"Yeah I guess. I would ask myself would he like me? Understand me? Would he try to change me? I just don't want him to do what mom did..." I said.
"So your afraid of abandonment." He asked. I hugged my knees.
"Afraid of resentment." I said.
"Have you tried taking to your mom since it?" He started.
"She walks into a different room when I enter. She ignores my calls. It's like she doesn't want me anymore." I said.
"Maybe she still needs time to understand." He started.
"It's been three years! I just accepted that I would no longer be her kid. Right now I fear that the only other parent I would have will do the same as her." I said.
"I can't answer that question for you Justin. But I can give you my number so you can talk to me." He said. He gave me a card with his number and a car pulled up and it was Phil.
"Remember you can talk to me whenever no matter the time okay." He said.
"Thanks Mr. Fisher." I said. He left. But I didn't dare get up.
"You okay Justin?" Phil asked.
"You caught me talking to a counselor and you ask that question." I said not looking at him.
He sighed and shut the door and he soon sat beside me and looked around.
"I saw your walk in then you just turned and left." He said.
"Because Bella backstabbed me, threw me under the bus then planned my funeral in Forks." I said.
"Is this about you two moving to live with Charlie?" He asked.
"Yes! She didn't ask, didn't talk to me about it, I found out when I walked in to mom crying with damn happiness. She just wants me gone anyways so I doubt I even have a choice in this! I don't know him Phil. I don't remember him. When I was seven I went on this trip for Boy Scouts and I fell down a hill in the mountain. I had amnesia. I don't remember any of that time before I woke up. Bella said the last time I came with her to see him was when we were six. I had to relearn how to live. Phoenix is all I know. You, mom, Bella and the people here is all I know. And even then Mom hates my guts to the point where she can't stand being in the same room as me! Bella goes behind my back making decisions for me, she won't verbally talk to me either, she slams the door in my face when I knock to ask her for help on homework. It's getting to the point..." I started and he pulled me in a hug. Stopping me from full out saying it knowing what I was about to say.
"How about I call him and we can talk together." He said.
"No he would hate me." I said.
"He wouldn't. But if he acts like your mother then I will adopt you fully and fight to have you live with me. I'm working on your mother okay." He said. I sighed and gave a small nod.
He looked through his contacts. He then put it on speaker. Each dial tone of the call trying to connect is raising the nerves to not continue.
"This is Chief Swan." He said.
"Hey Charlie this is Phil and Justin is with me two." He said.
"Oh hi Phil. Justin how are you buddy." He asked. I gave a look at Phil in a plea for help.
"Justin is a little bit nervous. That's why we gave you a call. You know about his accident when he was seven right?" Phil asked.
"Right Boy Scouts. Did you not get any memory back?" He asked worried.
"No he didn't. So I thought it would be a good idea to give you a call so we can talk it out and he won't be too nervous to actually meet you face to face later on." Phil told him.
"Okay..." he said and started talking about Forks and what he likes to do there and the people he hangs out with.
"So Justin do we share anything in common?" He asked.
"I-I like fishing." I got out.
"That's great. Maybe we can get to know each other better with some fishing trips. Just boys." He said.
"Yeah that sounds good." I relaxed a bit.
"Um before anyone tells you anything different there was another accident about three years ago." I started.
"Are you okay." He asked.
"Physically I'm healed. Mentally I'm still wounded. I-it's just hard for me to talk about." I said.
"Would you like me to tell?" Phil whispered. I nodded.
"So three years ago Justin and a group of boys and girls snuck out to these back woods. They were going to do scary stories and try to scare each other like a competition. Well it went wrong when a storm came through. Since I don't know the full story I can't tell you what happened in the woods. But they were missing for a full week. No one thought to check the woods. That just thought they ran off to a different town or hanging out skipping school. But he was found when this bird watcher saw him laying in blood almost not alive. He was airlifted to the hospital. The soon searched through the woods and found the other kids his friends not alive. Attacked by animals according to the optopsy. He stayed silent and when parents asked and he wouldn't answer he was given blame and even unfortunately Renee did the same." Phil said. It was silent.
"It's not your fault Justin." He said. And I felt my body about to collapse.
"Thanks Charlie. You'll have them on Sunday." Phil said.
"Thank you for helping him out." Charlie said.