Marry Me

Canada x Reader - Marry Me

~=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*~

Love is such a mysterious thing. 

It can make people's hearts skip a beat in an instant. 

It can make you feel completely nervous and unusually giddy.

It can make you fall so hard that you'd want to marry someone you know you love...

...even if you haven't talked to that person yet.

~=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*~

The smell of coffee wafted through the air as everyone in the small cafe chatted cheerfully with one another. Well--except for the young, soft-spoken Canadian named Matthew Williams, who sat in the corner all by himself that morning. He had wavy, blonde hair and violet eyes that looked sullenly outside the window.

"I still haven't received the food I ordered yet." He thought to himself.

He sighed. "It's probably because they don't remember me...or that they don't see me here at all...not like this is a surprise to me."

He started to look around the cafe. It had such a cozy feel and played good music. 

They served great coffee and pancakes, too, so he decided to go here whenever he had time. It also didn't hurt to note that there was someone that sort of...caught his heart.

The boy turned his head to the (h/c) girl who wore a warm smile as she took the orders of a couple a few seats away from him. When she was done, she flipped her notepad and tucked her pen on her ear. She was about to go back to the counter, when she saw someone from the corner of her eye.

It was a guy, sitting on the far end of the cafe, in the corner. He looked about her age and had an aura around him that gave the girl butterflies in her stomach. She knew this person. It was the same guy who came to this place almost every day. 

Though she wanted to be the one taking his orders so that she could at least talk to him, she was assigned to the other end of the cafe while (coworker's name) was assigned to the other. After a while, she noticed that she locked eyes with the blonde boy. Blood rushed to her cheeks and she suddenly looked away to regain her composure.

Once she calmed down, she turned her head to face him again. 

She smiled at him.

He smiled back.

She never knew that a simple smile would make her heart skip a beat. The boy had such loving eyes that looked like he wanted to express so much feeling. The girl then noticed that he was here for quite some time now and it looked like he still hasn't received his order. She tilted her head and looked at his table. As if the guy read her mind, he shrugged and motioned that he wasn't served yet. The girl nodded apologetically and made her way back to the kitchen.

Violet orbs followed the young girl's figure before she disappeared into the kitchen.

The Canadian took a deep breath and placed his hands on his reddened cheeks. 

"Sh-She...She...noticed me...? She...she saw me. Just now...she really did, right?... She even smiled at me!... I..." He thought to himself frantically as he felt his heart pound faster and faster.

He closed his eyes and pictured the girl once more. She was wearing her cafe uniform with an apron tied to her waist. Her (h/c) hair tied in a ponytail. It was quite a messy ponytail, but she still looked so beautiful like that. She had (e/c) coloured eyes that practically sparkled as she talked to her valued customers. She was so simple, yet so...so perfect.