𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐫 𝐚 𝐧 𝐭 𝐞

Start from the beginning

"You have grey fur, paler than Mama. Do you want to see yourself?" Aiden nodded eagerly, getting up on his feet. With Madelyn's help, he was able to wobble his way in front of the mirror. "You have to think really hard about your wolf form if you want to shift into it," Following his mother's instruction, the toddler was able to get in his wolf form. Right after he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror, he yipped and ran around Madelyn's legs happily, making her fall down. Laughing when she fell on her bottom, Aiden let out a barking laugh and licked her face again. "Alright, come back to your human form, cub," The young child shifted again and after Madelyn helped him put his clothes back on, Aiden's tummy decided to manifest himself.

Picking him up, the woman walked downstairs and grabbed two green apples for them to eat. After their snack, Madelyn went to throw the apple core away while Aiden was playing with the TV remote, enjoying the sounds that came out of it. Unbeknownst to his mother, the child decided to follow her to the kitchen, his legs shaking a little. It seemed like since he shifted and was able to walk around in his wolf form, he could walk easily on his two legs in human form. When she turned around, she jumped in surprise as she met her son's eyes.

"You can already walk by yourself, cub, you impress me!" Aiden smiled widely at the praise, jumping into his mother's opened arms.

"Will Dada be there soon? I want to show him my puppy," Aiden pouted when he looked around for his father. Speaking of the devil, Nathaniel appeared besides them, his shirt collar covered in blood, the rest of the Cullens following behind him.

"You got yourself a puppy, little man?" Nathaniel wondered, confused. 

"No! I am a puppy like Mama!" Aiden yelled excitedly, kicking his legs around so Madelyn could pass him to his father. After the Cullens cleaned themselves from the blood they had on their clothes, they gathered in the living room, where Aiden showed them his wolf form. They were glad to see that it didn't hurt the child when he shifted, like it normally would for normal shapeshifter. 

"Has a vampire-shapeshifter hybrid existed before?" Edward asked the blond doctor in wonder, but Carlisle shook his head. As far as he knew, Aiden was the first of his kind. The vampire and shapeshifter's genes clashing against each other in the same body must have accelerated his shifting. The mind reader turned towards his mate, who was petting the grey cub with Rosalie and Jasper on the ground. 

"If it has happened before, the Volturi never saw that," Luca shook his head. He had lived for centuries and he couldn't believe how special the little hybrid was. Interrupting their conversation, Nathaniel's phone rang loudly. Eclipsing himself to answer it, the rest of the family started to talk about their new destination. They couldn't really stay in Forks for much longer as Aiden was growing incredibly fast. People would notice it and there was no way to tell Aiden was their adopted son, he looked too much like his parents for that excuse to work. 

"The pack is on their way," Nathaniel stated when he came back in the room. "Jared couldn't wait to meet his nephew," At that, Madelyn smiled. She had missed her pack brothers and sister, and the imprints. The couple left on the balcony while Aiden was securely sitting on Jasper's lap, playing with his golden locks. The Cullen wolf texted her father, telling him Aiden shifted and that they were going to sleep at the Swan's house tonight. Madelyn had missed her father dearly and she wanted to spend the evening with him. After putting her phone down, she leaned her back on the railing, her imprint trapping her there with his arms. 

"A little hybrid..." Nathaniel trailed off with a smile. He thought their son was incredible and couldn't believe he had the chance to have a child, after spending 500 years with the idea that he never would. He couldn't be happier that his mate made it happened.