I. A Year And A Half

Start from the beginning

Rosie was my closest out of three given that we have the same age, although she's in Australia right now, we still keep in touch with each other. But only Lareina or Lary as what I call her, knows that I race and also the one who became my 'manager' as what she calls herself.

As I enter my coffee shop, a door chimes softly, "Welcome back boss ma'am." Luca happily greeted me behind the counter, a tsk came out from me hearing what he called me.

I told them not to call me that.

"How's your walk boss ma'am?" A petite girl, wearing a dark brown apron wiping a nearby table asked.

Sighing, "Usual Lily." I answered. 

I stationed myself behind the counter, wearing an apron, wiping the counter, and refilling some cakes and muffins. Checking and cleaning the machines.

"Anything happened?" I casually asked. 

"You won't believe who just left and ordered some coffee." Louise excitedly said, eyes sparkling with admiration.

A chuckle escaped from me seeing his reaction, "Do pray tell me what made you so happy." I said with an amused smile.

"Tony freaking Stark!" Louise said, sighing dreamily. 

Furrowing my eyebrows at what he said, "Excuse me, who?" I asked, nonchalantly.

Both boys looked at me, jaw dropping at my question. "W-who? You don't know who Tony Stark is?" Luca asks.

Shaking my head, Lily gasped, "You're kidding right?" Leo now joined our conversation. 

"Did I stutter, boy?" I deadpanned.

"He owns Stark Industries, the big-"

"The big ugly tower with an A on the side?" I ask, interrupting Lego. The five of them laughed at me, "What?" I ask confusingly looking at them, "Just stating what I saw." I added.

Shaking their heads as they get back to their work. As night falls, Lary casually enters the shop. Greetings can be heard from the six of them, she then sits on her favorite spot — at the corner where you can see everything outside.

Hours later the shop closed, the five of them bid their goodbye, and after making sure everything was in the right place, I walked towards Lary.

Sitting in front of her, placing two caramel macchiato on the table — our favorite.

"Hey." I said, she hummed and looked at me. "When is Rosie going to visit?" I asked.

She sighed, "She's still unsure of it. You know she's busy with her upcoming fashion show in Australia, plus she just recently met her soulmate, which leaves me the only one out of three of us who's yet to find my soulmate." she answered.

"Hey, I didn't find mine yet, so I feel you." She looked at me, raising an eyebrow at me then scoffed, "You're hiding from them remember?"

I nodded, "Yeah I forgot." I answered snickering at her, "Why, if you don't mind me asking, are you hiding from them, soulmates are your significant other, you know who will love and protect you, so why?"

"I do mind you asking me about that matter." Rolling her eyes, "Just because." I said and shrugged.

"So about the race." She said, eyes now watching outside. 

Following her, my eyes now observing people, "Nervous as usual, but I'll win. I always do." I answered now facing her, a smirk plaster in my face.

She looked at me and scoffed. "Of course you'll win, your Elisha Mikazuki Greil, the Midnight herself, the undefeated racer." She said, sarcastically.

We laughed at our antics and silently drank our coffee, enjoying the serene silence.

'If you get the surgery, you'll have 3 years. Without it, you'll have a year and a half.'

"Lary?" She hummed, placing a hand under her chin.

"What would you do if you only have a year and a half left?" I asked.

She looked at me, eyes analyzing my face. Placing the cup back on its saucer, intertwining her hands on the table, "Why ask?" She asked, shrugging at her.

Lary sighed, "Well, if I only have a year and a half left. I want to find my soulmate first, if not, then I want to pursue my dreams to become a famous actress or singer. Travel the world and go shopping. Eat my favorite foods, delicious foods. Adopt a dog or two."

I nodded, "Okay." I mumbled, "Then, we'll do it together." I added.

Her eyes widened, "Pardon?" She asked. 

"I said we'll do it together, minus the actress and singer part, but we'll do everything together — find your soulmate, travel, shop, adopt a dog." I replied.

Doubtfully looking at me as her eyebrows furrowed, "Something isn't right." She said.

I shook my head and chuckled, "No, everything is alright Lary. I just want to do it." I smoothly lied.

"What is it, Li? You're hiding something." She asked. 

"It's really nothing Lary, just let me do things for you, you know as my thanks." I answered.

A tsk can be heard from her, "You always do things for us Li, besides you're like our sister, your family to us." She stated.

My eyes stung at what I heard.

A family that I'll leave soon.

Averting my eyes away as I looked outside. Hoping that she didn't see my eyes that started to water, blinking rapidly, pushing the tears down.

A deep sigh escaped from me as I continued to watch the people pass by.