𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 3

Start from the beginning

The meeting went okay. I can't I was overly impressed with what I heard. Being an auditor meant long hour of hearing the babble of meetings, recording notes and writing them up nicely. I regretted choosing the job the day I started it. I was too busy fussing over the notes I had made in the meeting to realise I had walked into someone. Fuck. I should really look at where I'm going.

"Fuck, you alright?," said a rather familiar voice. I looked up from my notes to be met with a face I hadn't seen in a long time.

"Christian!" I squealed pathetically before I dropped all of my work and went to embrace him. However he beat me to it.

"God Tanith is that you?" he questioned with a grin plastered across his face.

"Of course it's me idiot," I said before pulling away.

"I missed you," I said.

"I only last saw you in the summer when you went to America," he laughed.

"Yeah but that was 7 MONTHS AGO," I huffed.

"Okay, okay calm down. I missed you too obviously," he said. "Why not we catch up over a Nandos on Saturday yeah?"

"Looking forward to it Pulisic," I beamed before picking up my stuff and heading out of the stadium.

"You seem extremely happy today," questioned Bella as she walked her way into my living room and plonked herself down onto the sofa.

"Guess who I saw today," I smirked.

"Hurry up and tell me then," she whined.

"Christian," I laughed.

"Not your hot best friend," she gasped equally as shocked as I was when I first saw him.

"He's my best friend you idiot, I am never gonna find him attractive, and plus I have a boyfriend you dipshit" I laughed.

"Well does that give me permission to flirt with him," she asked, a tone of seriousness in her voice.

"Be my guest Bella Hart," I smirked before turning my attention to the TV infront of me.

-2 months later-

"I AM SO DONE WITH THIS FUCKING JOB DANNIELL," I screamed down the phone to my boss. I hated it. I couldn't stay a minute longer. "You always overwork me, I am underpaid and women have NO RESPECT in that office."

"Would you tell me how you are underpaid? You are A WOMEN Tanith. You should be payed less than men yeah? And your work, YOU CHOOSE TO DO THAT," he said starting to raise his voice.

"You know what, I quit," I announced on the phone before I slammed my phone down onto the table and walked out the room.

What the fuck did I just do? That job got me money. That job payed the bills. That job put food on the table. What did I just go and do? Quit. Quit. Fucking quit. I was panicking on the inside knowing what I had just brought upon myself. I rushed to the kitchen and in the heat of the moment I reached for the alcohol cupboard. Alcohol. I downed half a bottle of wine before I reached into the medicine cupboard. Medicine. I pulled out a half- used packet of sleeping pills before I started to pour them into my hands. I fucking went to eat them all. Them all. However the sound of the front door opening and closing stopped me. Shit. My boyfriend.

My arms became numb as they flopped onto the kitchen counter with my hands still occupying a bottle of wine and sleeping pills. My breathing became heavy and limited as sweat started to form on my face. My eyes wandered over to the door where I saw my boyfriend emerge, his eyes locked onto my hands.

"Shit," he said before he came running over to me. He went to make contact with me but I flinched. I flinched.

"Please don't touch me," I chocked out knowing that in this mindset I was capable of doing anything. My breathing became unsteady and he could tell I was breathless. He gently put my hands in his before leading me over to the sofa and putting me down.

"Baby look at me," he whispered. I looked into his eyes.

"Name three things you can see"

"You"

"Just me?"

"Just you"

"Name three things you can hear"

"Your voice"

"Just my voice?"

"Just yours"

"Name three things you can feel"

"Your hands"

"Just my hands"

"Just your hands"

"Name three things you can smell"

"Your aftershave"

"Just my aftershave?"

"Just your aftershave"

I calmed down. It ended. My breathing was regular and I didn't feel panicked anymore. I crumbled into the comforting arms of my boyfriend as he placed soothing circles on my back.

"Tans are you gonna tell me what happened?" he whispered as he pressed a soft kiss on my lips.

I explained everything to him. Everything. And he sat quietly and listened. He listened. That's all I wanted.

-morale of the story-

But then I wasn't even upset anymore. I was angry. I was frustrated. I was mad. And then I became fine. Levelled. Balanced. Had I really just had to have a panic attack for me to get over my life-changing decisions? Yes.

I really needed a therapist.

okay HI! thank you for all the support on the story so far! i am so thankful! i wanted to get this chapter out now as a thank you so here you go! i hope you are enjoying the football season starting up again! how tense was the liverpool v chelsea game? i am a liverpool fan so coming from my perspective it did look like a handball. i mean he blatantly put his arm there to stop the ball! anyways HOW GOOD WAS THE HUNDRED. i LOVE cricket. (fun fact) i have been to a couple test match games live which had been super cool ngl. anyways, i hope school is going well! i start next week and i tell you now i am not looking forward to it. ANYWAYS LOVE YOU AND BYE