Father's house

After ten minutes of driving, he parked in front of his house. Justin pulled over to the side of the road behind the gray pickup and got out. Gibbs opened the door and let Rose in before turning to Justin.

"- You're not going to stay outside, come in.

- Thanks Agent Gibbs." The bodyguard replied as he walked through the door.

Rose walked slowly around the house, looking around everywhere. She lingered on the smallest detail, no matter how small. Gibbs left her to her observations and went into the kitchen to make coffee. A few moments later, Rose who was in the living room said "I feel like I'm in a museum!" ". Gibbs stopped his prep and turned around. Realizing that her sentence could be misinterpreted, she quickly added, "What I mean is that mum had described your house to me in great detail and even though its description dates from 16 years ago, almost nothing has changed." Gibbs resumed his preparation, a smile on his lips.

"Besides, if everything mom wrote is correct, the entrance to your famous basement should normally be ... HERE!" She exclaimed as she stopped in front of the stairs leading to the basement. Gibbs turned to his daughter and raised an arm in her direction. Her face seemed to say "Go on and see if it makes you happy". Rose didn't need to be asked and quickly descended the steps. Gibbs turned on the coffeemaker and followed her as Justin positioned himself near the fridge so as to watch the entrance to the basement while having a view of all of the other downstairs rooms. However, he was not close enough to the windows to see what was going on in the street. So he didn't notice that by the time Rose and Gibbs got down to the basement, a little sky blue car pulled up across the street.

Indeed, Jack had just stopped his car in front of Gibbs' house. Despite knowing what to expect, her anger escalated when she saw an unknown car parked behind the usual gray pickup. She didn't know what to think anymore. She had hoped she had misunderstood and she had prayed the entire trip that Gibbs would be alone when she arrived. However, this car could only prove to her the opposite. As her hand was about to open the door, she stopped her gesture. She suddenly felt stupid. What was she doing there at 8:45 p.m, ready to do battle with Gibbs like a woman who confronts her husband after finding out he was cheating on her? She and Gibbs weren't married, or engaged, or even a couple, yet she was there. And finally, just imagining HER Gibbs in the company of another woman gave her the courage to get out of her car and find out the truth no matter what. She slammed the door violently and crossed the street, more determined than ever. She walked up the steps, slammed the door open and entered the living room as her heart pounded. However, it was with a strong and confident voice that she launched "GIBBS! We need to talk !! ".

During the time that Jack was tearing her mind in her car, Rose was discovering her father's basement and above all, the almost finished boat which sat proudly in its center. She walked over to it and brushed the hull with her fingers. Then, she approached the workbench and looked at all the tools. She also opened each drawer as she spoke with Gibbs that he had joined her.

"How long do you think you'll finish your boat?".

Gibbs turned to the boat and looked at it for a few moments before answering.

"- In a short week I think. I only have a few more corrections to make and a name to write and it will be good.

- You sail with it then?

- Yes...

- Then you will have to teach me to sail!" Rose said proudly as she continued her search.

Gibbs laughed at Rose's determined look. " If you want ! ".

"- And you plan to call it what? Do you choose names as a tribute to people or just names you like?

- Well actually I..." But Gibbs stopped when he noticed that the repetitive sound of drawers opening and closing had ceased. He saw that Rose was holding something in her hand. She brought this object closer to the light. "It's Shannon and Kelly, isn't it?" . Gibbs realized then that she was holding a picture of his wife and daughter.

" - Yes. He replied in a faint voice as Rose still turned her back on him.

- Mom told me about them in a letter and about ... (Rose changed her mind) In any case, they are very pretty ... ».

Gibbs walked over and grabbed the photo. He looked at her in turn and smiled sadly. Rose put her hand on her father's arm.

"I'm sorry for you ... dad." 

Gibbs curled his lips and nodded up and down. As they continued to gaze at the photo in silence, the front door swung open and moments later a female voice cried "GIBBS! We need to talk !! ". Gibbs frowned and whispered "Jack?". He put the photo away, turned off the light and went up the stairs two by two followed by Rose.

I found it nice to make a connection between the "past" family of Gibbs and the family who just found with Rose.Otherwise, I love the next chapter which I find funny and on top of that there is a Slibbs moment.