kooks vs the pouges

hey i'm averi im 16 years old and i live in outer banks. This is the type of place where you either have two jobs or two houses.

So the reason we have that is to determine whether your a kook or a pouge. A kook is me which means i live on figure 8 the rich part of the island.I mean it's pretty exciting but everyone thinks i'm so spoiled but literally my parents just like my brother.

Speaking of brother his name is topper thornton yeah he's kinda island royalty. He's basically a frat boy and is a total douche but i tolorate it. He also has a girlfriend her name is sarah cameron me and her have been friends since birth. Her dad is Ward Cameron the king of the king island.

Also i'm dating Wards son Rafe cameron. He's really nice to me and treats me like i'm the most special person. I don't really have many friends really just rafe and sarah i used to have a friend her name was kiara me her and sarah was an iconic trio but for some reason she left and went to be a pouge. I think that the whole kook and pouge thing is so dumb really.

Averis POV
I woke up this morning and decided that i wanted to go tan on the beach but when i walked outside it looked really bad and i was afraid that a hurricane might be rolling in.

So i went in to go find my parents but of course they were on business meetings so i went to go find topper. After searching the whole house he was in the kitchen making a protein drink.

"Hey top do you know if it's about to storm?" I asked him.

"Yeah idiot it's like a category 5 hurricane why didn't you know where the heck is your phone at."

" Oh sorry i lost it surfing yesterday." I said in a annoyed tone.

"Well do you wanna come with me to sarah's they have backup generators just incase something happens." Topper says.

"ugh yeah sure."

I don't really get ready i just go with what's on to go to they're house. When me and topper get out of the car i go in sarah's room and see a pouge with sarah that i think i go to school with he has dark hair and always wears a bandana .

"oh hey ummmm what's your name again?" i asked him.

"oh it's john b." he says politely.

" averi thornton i've seen you around school i think. Now i don't mean to sound rude but why are you here?"

" ohhh i mow grass and stuff and i was looking around the house."

"oh umm well ig i'll see you later then!" i say.

"yup"

A couple hours pass and rafe finally gets home from whatever he's doing and i go to give him a hug but he kinda shrugs it off. Right off the bat i know he's wasted so i give him some meds and lay down with him.

We ended up watching one of the harry potter movies and he when doggy came on and saw he had no sock Rafe just randomly pulled his off to show me.

" very nice:)" i say while i'm laughing about to piss myself.

As soon as we're almost done with the movie the power goes off so we all had to help plug in the backup generator and it comes back on.

I felt so bad for the people that didn't have very much and now they'd be without power so i had come up with a thought that we could feed them and help them out so they wouldn't starve so i went to ask rafe.

" hey can we help the pouges out by giving them some food?"

" are you insane them nasty pouges can go get their own food i ain't getting them crap all they do is run around and mess with everything so don't ever ask me that's again averi." he says firmly.

"ok i won't i'm sorry i asked it won't happen again."

"better not."

This has been happening a lot more lately he's been getting really aggressive and just mean i don't know what's wrong with him i mean i love him but i don't know why he's acting like that. Like the other night he got in a fight with this pouge i think his name was like pj? i don't really know but i hope he gets better soon.

okay that's the first chapter next will be written jj's point of view:)

sorry this ones short but the other ones will get longer