You took out your phone and started looking through you notifications.

You had a missed call from Alex, dated to the minute you'd finished school, typical. You laughed a little, it was sort of refreshing. You'd told him when you would finish the day before, but you didn't think he'd take it as far as to call the second you were done.

You scrolled further, a message from Josh. The kid was like a little brother to you, which made you sad sometimes. The thought always dragged you back to your real brother, wondering if he even remembered you exist.

You shook your head. That didn't matter right now.

You were pretty glad to hear that he would be one of the campers, that would come with you to Japan. He had his first day of school today too. Granted it was elementary, but still. Unlike you, he was to young to live by himself, or in your case in a dorm. He had a foster family and a house across the city. You had promised to message him as soon as you finished, so you'd have to get back to that later.

You went further down your notifications bar.

A message from Lia. You flinched at the sight, all the emotions in your head threatening to flood your mind.

You turned your phone off and put it back into your bag. You'd call everyone later. For now you just needed a break from everything.

You looked around at your room and forced yourself off the bed, and got to work.

____

Shinso sat on his beanbag, in the corner of his room, looking around and he addjusted his seating. His room looked almost identical to his old dorm, the one he had when he still in general studies, so it wasn't that big of a change. Same old beanbag, same old furniture, it felt nice.

His room location wasn't to bad either. His neighbor was Satou, he was... normal, compared to others, so frankly he didn't mind. At least it wouldn't be to loud.

Mr. Aizawa had told him the alternative option would be being Bakugo's neighbor, and frankly he thought the answer was obvious. He was pretty open about not loving the blond's personality.

He sunk deeper into the beanbag. He'd been waiting so long for this, he couldn't help the smile that creeped into his face. He breathed out a sigh of accomplishment.

He made it. He had the urge to start laughing out of relief, but he held himself back. He wouldn't dare risk getting to cocky.

He thought back, admiring the fact that it was his first day in the hero course. His mind started to drift, unintentionally, from his glee, to the events that happened on the way back.

You'd more than surprised him with your question. No one had ever asked him to use his quirk on them, ever, and honestly he'd never even imagined someone even thinking of doing so.

For a second he thought you'd lost your mind, but something about it had intrigued him. You'd asked him so suddenly, yet it seemed so... nonchalant to you. Like it was the most natural thing in the world to ask someone to brainwash you.

He couldn't understand why, but it made him anxious. Yet he couldn't tell if it was in a good way or a bad way.

It was the most bizarre change of pace, compared to how others had reacted to his quirk. He was relieved that you'd sot of come to your senses, a little after you'd asked him. At least then he knew that you'd thought it over a bit.

But you'd been so willing to let him do it. He couldn't comprehend how you could trust him so easily. As far as you knew, he could have done all sorts of things while you were brainwashed. He would never, of course, but you didn't know that.