JALAPENO.

Jalapeno p.o.v

I guess I understand why we don't have to ability to read minds. The ease of knowing what to say would make your heart slow to a steady beat. The bliss of knowing what one thinks would turn the world into complete predictability. It's too easy. The world doesn't like the simple. You are supposed to pour yourself with anticipation into the next moment, and the one after. Pondering the next conversation, the next thought.

Though the world and I are at odds, for I am one who craves predictable. To know one's thoughts would breed control, and control would help my overactive brain. You see, I enjoy things in a moment. Only to come down from a swift adrenaline high to find a pit in my stomach that makes me fear I enabled the wrong jokes, the wrong thoughts.

I wish I could read Beef's mind, so I could know if I've taken things too far. If my friend's have taken things too far. Or, rather the opposite, if he gets the same rush that I do from the jokes and names.

Still, I apologize, ready to cover all bases. Rather be safe than sorry, afterall. He often laughs at me, calling me silly or ridiculous. I'd rather him think that than something far more negative.

So I apologize for the jokes being exchanged on his last stream. Even though I am not the one making them. He said it was fine. Then, later that night, it started bothering me again , and so I texted him once more:

"Hey, what're you up to?"

"Nothing. I have plans in 20 minutes."

"Can we talk?"

"Wanna call?"