43 Minutes

"A helicopter? Are you out of your mind?" Eddy yells.

"Unless you have another way!"

"Didn't Leo say they'd be dead in five minutes?"

I pause, considering what Eddy just said, then slump down. I shakily reach through the layers of clothing and bring out my phone, then dial Leo's number.

"NOT NOW MELLIE!" He yells, then hangs up.

I then dial Mr. Davenport's phone number.

"CAN'T TALK NOW!" Mr. D yells, then hangs up just as sudden as Leo.

Last but not least, Dad.

"Mellie, now is really not a good time..." He says.

"Dad! I just want to know if they're alive." I say, trying to be calm.

"They are alive. And we didn't estimate time right. They have longer now, due to the fact that their suits have heat sensors in them, but the battery pack only lasts for an hour, so we have 43 minutes exactly. NOW I GOTTA GO!" And my own father hangs up on me.

"Eddy, we have 43 minutes. Can you get us there in less than 43 minutes?" I ask.

"I can sure try!" Eddy says, then laughs his cackley computer laugh that he has.

I hop in the pilot's seat of the helicopter and put on the headset and stuff.

"Eddy, can you hear me?"

"Yes, of course I can hear you. I'm a computer, remember?"

There's a little screen on the helicopter's control panel, and Eddy shows up there.

"I don't need your sarcasm right now, EDDY!" I yell.

"Okay, okay, fine. But no promises." He laughs again.

"Eddy! Okay, now you're sure you can fly this thing?" I nervously ask.

"Yes...unless I malfunction. Then you'll crash to your death in a Davenport Industries helicopter that you aren't even supposed to be in. I can see the newspaper headline now. 'University of Arizona student killed during Christmas Break trying to rescue bionic boyfriend'. Haaahaaahaa!" He cackles again.

"Eddie, this is no time for jokes. Fly this dang helicopter!"

"Okay! Hold on to your seatbelts!" Eddy says.

I look up to see the launch pad doors opening, and feel the helicopter propellers starting to spin.

"Ready for takeoff?" Eddy asks.

"No, but that doesn't really matter right now. All that matters is that we get Chase, Adam and Bree out of that mountain."

The helicopter starts to rise, and soon we are flying high above Mission Creek.

*****************

I just want to tell you all how thankful I am of you! I <3 all of my readers! Thanks for your support and thanks for voting and commenting and reading!

I <3 you guys!

-Grace <3

PS: Happy late St. Patrick's Day!

Are there any readers from Ireland?

Are there any readers with Irish heritage?

I'm not even a little bit Irish.... :(