Oh.........The Stars

Not wasting anytime, Danny followed the heros through the hallways and to the large opening that was made in the ceiling of the complex. Each of the teens used their own ingenuity to get out of the gaping hole, only to look back and realize they had left Danny, still holding the girl, down in the facility. He looked up at them with one eye brow raised. 

"Oosp, sorry man, do you need help getting out?" Kid yelled down.

Artemis cut her eyes toward Kid Flash and frowned, "Just because we haven't seen anyone does not mean no one is here." Kid Flash frowned back at Artemis.

"Enough you two, Miss Martian I need you to assist them up here, we can't stay here much longer. The League needs to be informed on what, or rather who, we found." Aqualad turned to look at Miss Martian as she let go of Superboy's hand allowing him to land lightly on the ground.

Miss Martian looked to Aqualad, nodded and turned to start her descent back down the hole, but then stopped. 

Standing right at the edge of the opening in the ground with the unconscious girl held gently in his arms, was Danny.  With him finally out of the facility and into the open fresh air Danny slowly walked forward, away from the hole, away from the facility, away from the pain and fear that he and Danielle went through. He just walked away took a deep breath and stopped, looked up at the night sky and just stared at the stars. 

Kid walked over to Robin and whispered, "How did he get out of the hole?"

"He flew," Robin said back as the teen Heros also walked over to Robin. "while you guys weren't paying attention, this guy's legs disappeared and turned into this wispy thing then he floated up to the edge."

Artemis folded her arms, "Didn't the muzzle he was wearing fall off of him too. So he can fly, move through objects, and change his shape. Could he be a martian?" Everyone turned to look at Miss Martian, except for Danny. He was still looking at the stars.

Miss Martian shook her head and spoke softly, "No he's not a martian. I would have known when I talked to him through the mind link." 

"She's right, I am not from outer space, although I would love to go to space some day. I am also not exactly human either." Danny had a small smile on his face. He was still looking at the night time sky. 

"Then what are you?" asked Superboy.

"Who are you?" demanded Aqualad.

"Why are you looking up at the sky?" Kid Flash inquired curiously.

Danny ignored the first two questions, not wanting to bother explaining anything, but he did answer the last one. With a tired look he turned towards the group of young Heros and said wistfully, "if you had been locked up underground for, well I don't know for how long we were down there, but wouldn't the first thing you would want to see is the sky?" 

While the rest of the group turned to look at each other, two of them annoyed that their questions went unanswered. Danny simply returned his gaze back up to the sky, happy to see the stars shining brightly after a very long time in the dark.