Chapter 4

Nico POV

When the light subsided, I opened my eyes. We were in a giant room. There were props everywhere. There was a bronze jar in the center.

And that's where the Giants were heading. One picked up the jar and brought it over. I gulped. Oh my gods, I thought. They can't be putting us in there.

But knowing my luck, I knew that they WERE going to put Lana and I in there.

And I was right.

As soon as one of the Giants opened the lid, the Cyclopes put us in there. More like dropped us.

"Your little friends will come soon enough," one giant laughed, and closed the lid.

Lana POV

"That went well," I said.

(A/N anyone know where I got that from?😏)

Nico hung his head.

"This is my fault," he mumbled.

"Hey. It's not your fault. I would've suggested that we fight anyway," I told him.

"There's definitely not enough air in here to sustain us both for the next few hours," Nico stated. He dug in his pocket and revealed around 15 pomegranate seeds. "This is only for emergencies. They basically put a person in a Death Trance. Unfortunately, only children of Hades can eat them."

"Oh," I mumbled.

"But I can put you in a coma, sort of," Nico told me. "It will only last for as long as I am in a Death Trance. And by the looks of it, that might be for around 10 days. Are you up to it?"

"Uh... Sure?" I answered uncertainly. Nico nodded, and ate one of the seeds. Then he put one of his hands on the back my neck, and darkness closed in around my vision.

Nico POV

I watched as Lana slumped backwards, now in a short coma. And for the first time since we left Camp Half-Blood to go to camp Jupiter, she looked peaceful.

I sat there for a couple minutes wondering why she wasn't peaceful while we were in the safety of Camp Jupiter. But then I remembered that there wasn't a lot of air in here. I took the pomegranate seeds out from my jacket pocket and set them on the floor.

Then I heard ruffling coming from Lana. I looked over to see her shivering for some reason. So I took off my aviator jacket and put it over her arms. She immediately relaxed. I turned back to the seeds, and opened one of them. Before I ate one I took one last look at Lana, and remembered her smile. I popped the seed into my mouth and swallowed.

My vision went dark and I slipped into an empty darkness.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N I feel so bad for not updating sooner. Sorry bout that. I got writers block.😋

Yours in Demigodishness and all that.

Peace out.

-BluvPJOandAvengers