One Last Show

~Time Skip Another Month!~

Y/N POV

I walked into the doctor's office, sitting in the waiting room after I checked in, rubbing my baby bump with a sigh, feeling my baby squirm around in response. 

"Yeah, I know. It's been a long day," I muttered. 

My name was called and I pushed myself to my feet, walking back to the exam room. After a brief physical exam, it was time for the ultrasound. I watched the screen eagerly, smiling as I saw my baby, as I was finally about to find out what I was having. 

"Well, it looks like you're having a boy!" the technician said eagerly, and my heart melted.

"Ohh that's perfect," I murmured. "I've always wanted a boy!" 

After the ultrasound was finished, I waited for the doctor to give me any news that I needed to hear, hand resting on my stomach, feeling my son still moving. I thought of Eric and sighed again, happiness at the newfound knowledge I was having a son wavering. It was hard not to wonder if my baby would look like Eric, if he'd be a mini version of the love of my life who clearly didn't love me back. 

The doctor walked in, snapping me out of my thoughts, looking at her clipboard with a slight frown. 

"Is something wrong?" I asked, heart racing.

"Hm? Oh, no! No, everything so far seems perfectly healthy with your son. However, I did want to talk to you about your music career," she said, sitting across from me, and I bit back a sigh.

This was the conversation I had been dreading. I knew it would come sooner or later, but I had been hoping it would be later than four months along.

"Should I stop performing?" I asked sadly, and the doctor nodded.

"I'm afraid so. For your health and the baby's, it's best if you stop performing once you hit 18 weeks pregnant. You're about 16 and a half weeks along now," she said.

I nodded, running a hand through my hair.

"Alright. We've got two more shows this weekend, we'll just take a break after that," I said.

Later that week, I stood in front of a mirror in the dressing room, running a hand over my stomach. I couldn't quite believe that this was really my last night performing. I knew it was for the best, of course, for the health of my baby and me, and also because I was very close to the point of not being able to hide I was pregnant. But all the same, it still stung. 

"Damn," I murmured, patting my baby bump before adjusting my belt, loosening it to the last notch, but it still felt tight.

I finished applying my eyeliner and black lipstick, fluffing up my hair before adding another round of hair spray. The door to the dressing room swung open and Dusk walked in, giving me a hug.

"Damn Y/N, I really can't believe this is it," she said.

I hugged her back, feeling tears prick at my eyes.

"Hey, I'll be back in five months. And..." I paused, taking a deep breath. "I want you to keep going with the band. I'll help run auditions for a new temporary lead singer until I'm able to get back into performing."

"Y/N, shut the hell up," Moxie said, walking into the dressing room with Tink.

"What?"

"There's no way we're replacing you. We'll go on hiatus until you find your man, give birth, and get back to us. You helped found this band and we're not going to move on from you. We'll just work on an album in the meantime!" Tink said.

I gave them a watery smile, brushing tears from my eyes.

"Thanks girls. Now let's go kill it," I said.