"Don't worry," she giggled again, before blowing at the flowers... causing more of the petals to scatter across the ground. "My aunt told me all about vampires. She's one too, you know. Just like mommy was. You're one, right? I think so anyway. Aunt Tsunade says I'm always right."

He got a sinking feeling in his gut. "How do you—"

"SAKURA! SAKURA!"

Suddenly, a blonde blur came flying at them, causing Sasuke to jump back defensively; teeth flashing in the moonlight while he crouched into a defensive stance and growled a low, dark warning at the newcomer.

The female across from him stood between him and Sakura, glaring daggers in his direction and growling as well; her brown eyes flashing a dark shade of red while she snapped her teeth at him. "Stay back... you fucking asshole!"

"Who the hell are you...," Sasuke grumbled; his hands clenched as he readied himself for a fight. But that fight would never come. Sakura... the tiny little girl... leaped from her rocky perch and landed on the busty blonde's back; startling them both.

"Don't be mean to each other. We're family," she cried excitedly while wrapping her arms around the woman's neck and smiling cheekily at Sasuke from across her shoulder.

'Family? Does she understand? She can't... she's just too young—'

"Family," the blonde woman asked as she gave Sasuke a cautious once over. He did the same, though his face showed more disdain than hers. "How?"

"I don't know auntie Tsunade...," the little girl shrugged, then squeezed the woman's neck tightly. "I just... know. I can feel it. In here...," she said as she sat up a little to place her hand over her heart.

The older woman seemed to contemplate this and then sighed before wrapping an arm around the child's body to hold onto her tightly and rather protectively. Sasuke couldn't help but frown. "Okay. Anyway... it's dark. You shouldn't be out this late. We've talked about this."

"I know auntie. But I was fine. I had Sasuke to protect me!"

"Sasuke?"

"Yeah, that's his name," the pinkette said while pointing at the silently brooding male. "I knew he was here... so I came here too! I wanted to meet him."

Tsunade sighed. "Why?"

"Because...," the little one sighed while rolling her eyes at the blonde. "... we're family and I love my family."

"Fine, Sakura. But... don't run off again without having me or someone else you know with you. Even if it is to meet... family. Alright."

"Okay."

"Now, let's get you inside before it gets too cold and you freeze."

"But I want to play with Sasuke! Can he come home with us?"

Tsunade looked at him and shook her head. "Not this time, sweetheart. We need to talk with Uncle Kakashi first."

"Aww," Sakura moaned, her expression turning (for the first time that evening) sour as her mood dampened. "I know what he's going to say."

"Let me guess... yes?"

"Yup! So why can't he come with us now? I want—"

"Sakura." She stopped complaining and turned at the sound of Sasuke calling out to her and her expression turned curious. "Your aunt is right. You don't even know me and..."

"But I do! I do know you," she insisted while looking at him earnestly. "I know that... somehow... we're family!"

"Still, this won't be the last time we see each other. So, don't be sad alright. I will come see you, I promise." He watched as she clambered up her aunt's back to get a better look at him; his eyes meeting hers... as she held his gaze firmly. 'She's already got me wrapped... and we just met. Lord help me when she gets older and—'

"Soon?"

He allowed a soft smile to tug at the corner of his lips while he gave her a small, reassuring nod. But in case that wasn't enough of a confirmation, "Yeah, soon."

.
.
.

Author's Notes:

If any of these sound like your own writing or another you have read I apologize but I didn't copy anyone's work. This is entirely my own writing.

Remember, comments are always welcome!