𝓲𝓷𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷

Start from the beginning

A few days prior, Tony set me up Instagram and Twitter accounts. I made a Snapchat one for myself mostly to send pictures of me as a potato to Wanda.

I didn't have a large following. Tony got me verified straight away, but still not many people had come across it.

For the ceremony, I chose a pastel purple suit- with a white top underneath. What can I say, I was a sucker for a statement.

I came downstairs in light purple heels, hair all curled and tied back with two loose strands, a gold necklace shaped like tiny little leaves up close to my neck and my makeup done nicely.

The team gawped. Sam, the biggest hypeman in the tower looked me dead in the eyes and said "twirl"

I did just that, and gave them the 360, with the team whooping and cheering as I spun.

"You look beautiful." Steve told me, as I linked arms with him to walk out to the cars, and it bought tears to my eyes. I don't know why.

I scanned the room, and whatever was left of my respect for Bucky disappeared. He wasn't here. He really wanted to miss one of the most important days of my life. He must remember I hate crowds, hate being on the stage. And he didn't want to support me.

I clutched Steve's arm a little tighter, and he looked at me. I just smiled reassuringly, before we made it to the cars and I broke away and headed inside the one with Tony and I guy I had just been introduced to as Happy. He was sort of, Tony's assistant.

Interesting name, I thought.

I was quiet in the car, which prompted Tony.

"You alright kid?" He asked and I nodded.

"Stage fright." I said, and he took my hand in his.

"They're going to love you. Plus I'll be there, so I doubt a lot of people will be looking at you."

His words made me laugh, and before I knew it we pulled up to the venue.

****

When I walked on stage with the team, in my suit- mic in hand, everyone cheered. I had to do a double take just to make sure I wasn't dreaming, again.

Nick fury was clapping, and he smiled at me. Steve came and gave my hand a little squeeze before they all headed to the back of the stage, leaving me and fury at the front.

"We all know, what it takes to change the world." He started.

"Bravery," I could see people in the audience nodding.

"Honesty...............Courage............... and determination." I didn't let myself look at the crowd for too long, or I would start to freak out.

"It takes people risking their lives. Every second of every day of every month of every year, in order to do right. It's no easy feat. We all know the extent of these extraordinary people's strength. Physically, but above all, mentally." He stopped, and looked at me.

"Y/n Rogers." People started to clap again, and he had to wait for it to die down to continue.

"Do you swear to protect this country. Protect the world, with all of the strength you have in you to do so." I waited for a second, to build up the anticipation.