"Oh I know for a fact your betting on it" Klaus added, shaking his head, he clasped his hands behind his back, watching as she placed the last flute "but it's not going to happen"

Ada let out an exasperated sigh "you know your really fucking difficult right?" Klaus continued grinning, the sun sort of lit up his eyes

God, how did she get herself into this situation? "Fine" Ada shoved her hands in her pockets, making sure to look anywhere but at him "be here at 2" Ada mumbled, the last time she'd been on a date, it had been to a movie with Aria, although she couldn't remember which one

"Although I'm going to warn you, I'm not really a date type of person" she looked up at him, and for a moment, a ghost of a smile danced across her lips, a date. What a weird thing. It made her stomach feel kind of odd.

"That doesn't matter to me," he said looking directly into her deep brown eyes "as long as it's with you"

Immediately feeling her cheeks getting hot, Ada started to panic. No fucking way, she hadn't blushed in forever, this could not be happening not right now- "I have to go find Caroline" Ada sputtered abruptly, walking away so fast that it could be considered running.

She had just made a fool of herself! A boy gave her the littlest bit of attention and now her stomach was doing summer salts and her heart was giddy, and this is why she hated other people. From far behind her, Ada heard Klaus call "See you tomorrow Adaline!"

_______________________________________________________________________________

Ada and formal events weren't a match made in heaven, she knew that. her parents knew that, almost everyone knew that. But yet, she shoved on a dress, did her hair, and walked out the door. Caroline had told Ada to dress nicely, but that was so general, so she wore a simple black dress, sneakers, and an oversized floppy cardigan. Personally, she thought she looked nice.

Wandering around the Lockwood mansion, she was already bored. People were just mingling, and since no one liked Ada, she got to mingle with the wall. Accidentally, she bumped into someone, she really needed to start watching where she was going "sorry"

Ada's heart dropped through her chest, through the floorboards, and into the depths of hell "April", she whispered, April looked so different, so grown up. She wore a pretty red dress and had her hair all done up, Ada stared into the eyes she had fallen in love with, except these were blue, not soft green

"Ada" April said, her voice dead, Ada didn't really know what she expected "uh, good luck, I'm sure you'll win" Ada pulled on a soft fake smile

"Thank you" April walked away, probably to wherever the contestants were supposed to go

"There you are" Caroline suddenly looped her arm through Ada's, pulling her outside before she could process what just happened "I was looking for you, we are about to start"

"Mmmm great" Ada exclaimed sarcastically, scrunching her face up in disgust

Caroline lowered her voice as they exited the house "Elenas acting weird"

"Elena always acts weird," Ada remarked, rolling her eyes

Caroline elbowed Ada in the ribs " I'm serious, it's like her brain has been scrambled or something"

"People can break up with their significant other Caroline" Ada sighed, being told all morning about the latest drama, Elena broke up with Stefan, shocker "if you think Stefans so great, why don't you just date him"

"Ew, no gross!" Caroline waved her hands in dismay "he's my best friend that's all, I would never think of him like that!"

"Uh-huh, sure, whatever you say" Ada grumbled as they arrived at a table "Stay here," Caroline looked around the event, "I'm going to announce the contestants, behave yourself"