1.10

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"We were as close as siblings before this and I don't know about you, but I'm not about to let Metal Dick ruin that, yeah?"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Turns out, Helen Cho was the scientist that had patched Clint together using the cell-binding technology that used his own skin rather than synthetics which meant Ultron could most likely use that technology to create his new, more-evolved, human form. Honestly, the whole idea of it creeped Eloise out. The ability to create organic human matter from what seemed to be nothing was very end-of-the-world apocalypse chic to her.

Time was of the essence, once Banner had dropped his Earth-shattering declaration-slash-question, it was all hands on deck. Everyone had run off in a different direction to get ready for the fight ahead. Steve had dipped into one of the bathrooms on the lower floor of the Barton home to change while Barton himself went to his own room upstairs. Peter, who was always dressed for a fight, simply sat at a table to sharpen his sword and polish his gun while Banner sat around just watching.

Eloise, too, sat as everyone scurried off to get ready. She figured that she would just wear the clothes she was wearing now. It wasn't too restricting nor too revealing, both things she found were necessary for a fight. It wasn't like she had any super high-tech gear on for the fight that had broken out on Klaue's beached ship, not that she needed any. It would all just short-circuit on her anyways.

But, unsurprisingly, Stark had an ace up his sleeve as he passed her a duffle bag with his company's logo clearly printed on the side.

"Was working on something for you before we even set out, Princess," he mentioned gruffly, adjusting the buttons at his collar. He was dressed in a suit, noticeably finding it stuffy as he unbuttoned the top two fastenings. "It's nothing special, but I figured that since everyone else had something, you should get something as well."

She had thanked the man, not too shocked by his kindness. Eloise knew he was trying to win her over, to prove that he really could be a kind man, but it was too bad that she knew these kinds of tricks all too well. Any time she, her sisters, or even her mother, was upset, she could often find their father presenting them with lavish gifts. An often feeble attempt of replacing true affection with material things. Her father once bought her mother an entire stable full of horses she would never use because he had "accidentally gone to war" with a small country just to the North of their borders. Each of the horses was sold for a cent a piece the next day.

Nevertheless, Eloise put the suit on, noticing how it molded to fit her form. She sent out an experimental pulse, watching in awe as the electricity she had sent out just softly cascaded over the electrical parts of the suit. She had to admit, Stark was a genius.

She admired the suit for a moment more, not that she could have examined it for longer. There was a knock at the door before it opened to reveal Natasha in her own combat-ready wear. Laura Barton was standing behind her, a grim smile on her face.

Eloise greeted Natasha and Laura, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "Is something wrong?"

Laura shook her head. "Nothing's wrong, Eloise. I just wanted to stop by before you guys all left. I've already said my goodbyes to Clint and, well, you are the last one in the house."

Eloise felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment. "Oh, I am so sorry. Let me just grab my things and we can be out of here in a bit."

"No!" Laura seemed to surprise herself with the volume of her own voice, clearing her throat before speaking again in a softer tone. "No, I just mean that I wanted a moment to talk to you--and Natasha--alone before you both left."