24. Under the Bridge: Five

Start from the beginning

"My sister, she got into a bad accident."

"Is she okay?"

"No she's not doing so well."

I looked at her with sad eyes and tried not to let my nervousness take over my body.

"My parents just called me about it. I know we made plans for the movies tonight but this is an emergency."

"Don't even worry about it." I said to her taking an inch backwards.

"You sure?"

"Go, she needs you."

"I'm sorry, Drew. I'll make it up to you." She kissed my cheek before she ran off and faded into a crowd of people. She looked back at me verbatim blowing kisses before she finally left the scene. I didn't feel too bad. I knew by the end of the day she'll be with me again and that's all that mattered.

The last few nights I had the most uncertain feelings about the past few days. I couldn't really think straight or move forward about the situation. I was constantly thinking about it to the point where I cried. My emotions controlled me. The person I was was nowhere to be found. This new identity took over the real me, like my life was taken away before I had consciousness of my own death. There was no understanding it. Every night I closed my eyes, Willy's face showed up in my sleep and the whole incident at the hospital appears too. 

I was walking on the sidewalk just around the corner here, moving in the sunlight toward a bench. I had felt that a moment prior making a turn that someone had been there. The air seemed calmed, much more relaxed as if someone had waited there, silently, for a moment before I cam. Whilst turning around, I bumped into a tall figure, clumsily falling halfway while I snatched the person's arms before they fell.

"Pardon me." It was the arms of a girl I held on to. Quite young in my eyes, but the side of the slender sleek jawline looked familiar.

"It's fine." She said fixing her fleece from wrinkling even more. She dusted herself off, then turning her face to meet mine while trying to be as patient as she can to avoid bumping into me again. She resisted me. You can see her shaking hands move in a constant motion of fear. I'm not going to kill you.

"Don't I know you?" I asked the shy girl in front of me.

"You look familiar yourself. " She replied ogling my appearance. Her eyes widened like she was studying me, profiling me, trying to keep every blink locked in her head.

"Yea I know you from somewhere." The memory of the same girl I met at the hospital ringed loudly in my brain like an alarm. Her face appeared like the numbers on the clock while I stared at the time on my watch for a brief moment.

"Great. I have somewhere to be mister."

"Hold on," I pulled her back softly gripping as much of her fleece jacket I can bury under my palm."Are you who I think you are?"

"Who are you?"

"I asked you first."

She clenched her jaw and bit the bottom of her lip where it seemed to have been bitten before. The teeth marks puffed up on them, trailing red lines below her lip line.

"Why are you so concerned?"

"Because I've met you before. Your name is Zaria right?" Her eyes glided to the pavements before she can answer me.

"How do you know my name?"

"I met you in the hospital. You were with your mom and my dad, Willy."

"Your dad is Willy?"

"Yes!"

"Since when Willy had an older son? I'm his oldest daughter." She laughed awkwardly surprised that I even had the nerve to claim her 'father' as my own.

"Right! I figured you'd say that." She dropped the act when I released my grip on her arm.

"You just got lucky."

"What does that mean?"

"It means," She pushed her hair back from muffling in her face while the windy air blew violently. "You've found me." She begins to pick at the zipper on her fleece. Her fingernails looked neat, polished with little flower designs at the tip of her nails complimenting her personality.

"You knew about me huh? You had to know about me."

"Yes I did. I already know who you are." I quickly looked around me before coming back in contact with her eyes.

"How?"

"I discovered you years ago, Drew," She knows my name. " I saw a lot of pictures of you when you were a baby. Then, about a couple months ago or two I stumbled across your up to date photos you sent to Willy. I was going through his mail at the time I found them. The address didn't seem right when I read it off the mail so I wondered who could this be coming from," She zipped up her fleece much more. "I didn't mean to go through em' but I was curious," We began walking and talking. "You look like him you know. Lips, eyes, and nose just like him. You two are almost identical. I'm so glad I've met you, really glad, Drew. I finally have an older brother." I couldn't understand how she became attached to me so quickly but yet trusting me in just twelve minutes of meeting her again. She said it so proudly. For a moment she didn't even look mad or annoyed about me. Could I possibly have more siblings that I have no clue about?

"I'm so sorry I was all up in your face the other day. I was trying to make sure I got a good look at you."

_____

A:N/ I know there's a lot of chapters about Drew, I thought that it'll be better to exploit a lot about him in book one than book two because, one, I want a series, and two, well part two is mostly about *coughs* something else, mainly well in part 2 he's very important like zuhh, and besides that fact that he's bae, well wth he's cute and like I said he's bae so wth!