Festival season - yoimiya

"Geez, yoimiya's been working really hard recently"
You mention passively to your friend ayaka.

"Well it is festival season.."
She replied

"I know, but like extra hard"
It was true yoimiya always worked hard during festival season, but this season was different you were honestly a little worried.

"Your not wrong.. maybe we should drop by and see if she's doing alright?"
Ayaka suggests

"Sounds good to me, let's head over"
You say starting you walk towards yoimiyas home.

You arrived at her house inviting yourself in as your always did, she was your best friend after all.

"Hey yoimiya"
You say cheerfully

Yoimiya immediately jumps up shoving whatever she was working on behind her suspiciously.

"Uh hey! Y/n, ayaka, what's up!"
She greeted you nervously still blocking whatever she was working on earlier.

"Uh yeah.. we just came by to make sure your alright, You've been working really hard recently"
Ayaka sympathized

"Oh no no it's all good it's just really busy around shop recently"
She laughed awkwardly

You glanced over to ayaka who kind of gave you the "we should leave" look.
And so you did, you said goodbye to yoimiya and went on your way.

"That was weird, why was she acting like that"
You say just when you get out of earshot

"Hmm I don't know, but something was definitely up with her.."
Ayaka pondered as you nod in response

"Oh but I should probably get back to work! I've been wandering around with you to long"
Ayaka laughed waving goodbye

You were alone now, all you could do was hope yoimiya hadn't lost it in her little workshop.

.

.

The festival day finally arrives and yoimiya still looked kind of nervous as you walked the streets of inazuma city with her.

"Hey yoimiya?"
You ask

"Hmm what is it y/n?"
She said looking over to you

"You've been acting a little off is everything alright? You know I'm always here to talk"
You say

"No no it's alright I'm just nervous something might go wrong"
She laughed

"What do you mean?"

"You know what if people don't like the fireworks?"
Yoimiya replied

"No I'm sure they'll love it, I know I will"
You say confidently

"Yeah I hope they will"
Yoimiya replied softly

After your conversation yoimiya seemed to mostly be back to herself. Constantly talking, slightly impulsive but overall very fun to be around.
I mean there was no way you could be bored around yoimiya, she always had something fun to do in mind.
But as the festival drew to a close you decided it was time to head back and find a good spot to watch the fireworks.
You find a good spot at the end of a cliff overlooking the water and inazuma city,
You took a seat beside yoimiya who still looked a little nervous.
As the fireworks erupted in the sky flashes of colour dazed you into a Beautiful show of explosions.

"Y/n.."

"Yeah what is it?"
You ask looking over to yoimiya

You watched the fireworks reflect in her golden eyes, she smiled at you

"Y/n pay special attention to the next firework okay?"

"Sure"
You say

turning back to the display just as you did the most beautiful firework you had ever seen went into the air, it had all your favourite colours and was the biggest most spectacular one you had seen yet.

"Wow."
You spoke to amazed to say anything more

Yoimiya giggled at your response

"One more thing before the show ends"
She says turning to you once again

"What is it-"
Before you could finished you sentence she cut you off with a kiss, surprised at first you melt into the kiss closing your eyes until all you could hear were the fireworks going off.

"Is that way you were so nervous?"
You say pulling away from the kiss

"Yeah.."
Yoimiya blushed turning away

"Stupid, you knew i liked you!"
You laugh

"I dunno, I was still scared okay"
Yoimiya jokingly argued back