Another Spartan's trash is Another Pirate's Treasure

Chief prepared to exit hyperspace. He checked his gear one final time.
Assault rifle. Multiple magazines.
Battle rifle. Same thing
Magnum. Same thing.
Knife. Sharp.
Jetpack. Full on fuel.

"Can you give it a rest?" The AI said showing herself on the holo communicator for the Twilight. "I've lost count on how many times you've checked and rechecked your gear."

"Maybe next time." The Spartan said with a small smirk.

Cortana rolled her eyes, "At least put your helmet on. I don't like that smirk of yours. We're about to reach our destination soon anyways."

Chief puts his helmet on with the sound of a click signaling it's locked on. He looks out to the swirling blue before the ship exits hyperspace and an entire part of space just filled with scrap. It's mostly Covenant ships but a few UNSC ships are still around. Mostly Amber Clads. Every ships is either torn in half or in peices, but all of it is just floating around.
"Let's get to one of the Amber Clads. I would prefer it over anything Covenant." Cortana said.

Chief flew the ship over and docked near the hanger of said ship. This one was the most intact one. Or at least it looked liked it was. Chief exited the Twilight and into the ship with his boots being mag locked on the surface. "Seems like everything is in working order."
"Minus anything that needs power." Chief said. He continues through the hanger and past the Scorpion tank and few Warthogs that were still not destroyed. He will check the multiple crates after he reaches the bridge of the ship. Chief forces open every door that he needs to get through. 'Restoring power is priority one, then we can try and get a ship flying again.' Chief opens another door to see multiple-
"Marines." Chief looks away as he sees something else. "A hull breach...they didn't have time." Cortana says. "We should keep moving."

Chief carefully grabs one of the bodies and grabs his helmet. He grabs a chip on the back of it. "Let's see what happened. We don't know if Covenant did this or something else."

Cortana understands and starts to show the soldiers helmet cam video.
"Can't believe thus could be it." The video played. The helmet was being held by the soldier and what could be guessed was his friend next to him. "Next few days is the last of the Covenant. What's going to happen afterwards?"
"We're going home. That's what will happen. At least the ones that still have a home to go back to."
"We should make the Covenant not have a home to go back to."
"What about the Elites? They're helping us."
Chief skipped forward past the small conversations he had. The marine saw the edges of battle but wasn't in the thick of it. Mostly supply runs. He then reached the point he wanted. Before their death. "He died only a few hours ago." Cortana says.
The marine was held up next to the bridge heavily breathing with other soldiers, "How the Hell did we get here? Everything is saying we are not even in the Milkyway. How are we-" Sounds of a ship flying by is heard, "What is that? Help?" The origin of the breach is shown. A spike as big as the wall pierces through and sucks up the air, killing everyone inside. The video cuts off.
Chief wanted to punch the wall next to him but he resisted. He looked to see the bridge was already open. Forced open. A few steps in and the crew were dead, shot, by blasters. "Let's get the ship online. We could see who did this." Cortana says gently as she can tell how much rage is building up in her friend.

Chief went to one of the consoles and put Cortana in a port. The lights come on and they are already detecting unknown ships. "What is it?"

Cortana shows herself on the port. "Three unknown light scout ships. The kind pirates use in the Outer Rim. They are all coming to us. Wait...one of them is hailing us."