𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓪𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻

Start from the beginning

"I saw him....3 hours ago, why?" I asked him and his mouth opened.

"Did he tell you where he was going when he left?" He asked me in a pressing tone.

"No. Why?" I reiterated.

"He's not in the tower, he's not answering his phone. He's........................Never mind i just need to find him." He started to dial on his phone again, calling Bucky I presumed.

****

10am.

"He's back." Steve phoned me.

"Oh thank god. Where was he?" I asked over the phone as I sat in the living room.

"He was out in New York the whole night." Steve replied, but I still wanted to know what he did to kill a whole 12 hours.

"What was he doing?" I know I sounded a bit nosy.

There was silence on his end.

"Well is he coming down? Is he sleeping? Can I go see him?" I wanted to know he was okay, if Steve wasn't going to give me pretty much any details. Then he hung up, and I was left angry at him until he came through the doors into the living room and that explained.

"Y/n. I think it's best you...keep your distance for a while." Steve said softly with a small, solemn smile. He spoke in the type of voice a doctor uses when he's delivering bad news.

"Oh." My heart sunk. It was me, wasn't it? What did I do wrong? Did I say something? Was it something to do with the piano?

"Y/n. It's nothing personal. It's nothing wrong with you it's just-" His voice cracked, making my face fall as I immediately got up to hug him.

As we hugged i heard his breathing, shallow and quick.

"Hey you don't have to tell me," I reassured. "It's alright."

****

The next day.

Dear diary,

No Bucky today. I hope he's doing okay.

****

The day after that

Dear diary,

Still no Bucky. Steve's kept quiet. I barely saw him today either.

****

The next day

Dear diary,

I didn't see either of them today. I hope it's nothing too serious.

****

The day after that

Dear diary,

Still a no show.

****

I saw him for the first time the next day after that. He looked like normal. He wasn't hurt. I couldn't detect anything on his face. It was like for some reason I had imagined him being gone;