● 𝘋𝘈𝘞𝘕 𝘈𝘕𝘋 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘐𝘔𝘗𝘖𝘚𝘚𝘐𝘉𝘓𝘌 𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌 ●

Start from the beginning

The blonde put the phone up to her ear.

"Hello? Babysitter's club! This is fundraising officer, Blue Scout speaking."

"Hi, Blue. This is Natalie Barret."

"Hi, Natalie!" Blue said in a faux enthusiastic tone.

The blonde rolled her eyes and mouthed: "The Barrets."

"Can you check if someone can watch my kiddos on Thursday?"

"Ok, I'll check."

Blue muted the phone.

"About the job I wanted, I think I can live with a half-empty wall for another week. Who wants the job?"

Claudia laughed, "Are you serious? I'm broke, but not 'sit for the Barret's broke." the small girl plopped down on the purple chair beside Blue.

"Stacey?"

"Hell no, I'm not sitting for the Barret's. Are you crazy?"

"What's wrong with the Barret's?" Dawn asked the group politely.

Blue softly rolled her eyes "Oh god, here we go."

"The three kids are out of control. And the mom is in a recently-divorced-wrecking-ball phase," Kristy explained.

"They're crazy!" Blue exclaimed.

"That's kind of reductive."

Everyone turned to Dawn.

"Excuse me?" Kristy scoffed.

"I mean, newly divorced, a mother of 3 kids, of course, she's feeling overwhelmed."

Blue shrugged "I guess you can say that."

Kristy ignored the blonde, "Then why don't you take the job?" she sassed.

"Kristy, no! They're gonna kill her!" Blue exclaimed in protest.

"She wants in, this is how she's gonna get in."

Dawn's face lit up, "Does that mean I'm in the club?"

"Possibly, on a probationary basis," Kristy cleared up, "We'll see how she does, and then we'll make a final decision."

"That's not fair" is what Blue wanted to say, but she didn't really feel like picking a fight with Kristy.

"So if she's great - which she will be - she's in?" Stacey asked excitedly.

"And if she tanks," Claudia added, "Natalie loses our number forever. It's a win-win!"

"Good luck, and don't say you weren't warned."