Comin' Home

We were back in Miami for a bit, i needed to blow off some steam & although she's not one to show it, Camila did too.

I took us to a softball field i used to practice on when i was on a team, i knew one of the guys there, Ed, he's in his late 50's, he's been working there for years even when it was just me and my dad playing for fun. I asked him if we could borrow a pitching machine and he gladly allowed us. He was all smiles to see me after such a long time away and so was I.

We set it up & he stood by the pitchers mound setting the balls in one by one while Camila sat patiently & adorably on the bench watching.

I continuously hit ball after ball trying to release all the built up tension that's surfaced throughout these past months with the tour & the media... God the media, everything with Camila and I was always better away from the label's narrow minded, money hungry thoughts, i needed a LONG break from all of it for sure.

As I swung a few more times pleasant memories started flooding back, memories of my old games, playing with my dad, my family & friends. It was nice.

Eventually my arms got tired and i told Ed i was done for a little bit so he smiled in acknowledgment and turned off the machine walking over to the other bench to finish up on some paper work. I walked over to the fence separating me from Camila's slightly shorter self. When she noticed me coming closer she stood up from the bench & stood against the fence facing me, looping her fingers through the wires. I overlapped my fingers over hers so they laid on her knuckles, and resting my forehead on the fence while slowly rubbing my fingers gently across her hand.

"You okay?" She asks full of concern.
"Yeah, just a little... Tense" my eyes stayed down.
"Well.." Camila's forehead connects close with mine, making my eyes look up into her stunning ones. God, they can heal any wound.

"Would a kiss make you smile?"

Trying to hold one back already because she's so fucking cute, i just nod in response.

Slowly her lips connect with mine in a gentle touch, her lips are so tantalizing, addictive, sometimes i don't even want to kiss her because i know i won't be able to stop.

I smile into the kiss, eventually feeling hers lift as well, clearly proud of her accomplishment. My head turns slightly to deepen the kiss, i move forward pressing the rest of my body against the fence, as if hoping the slim barrier would vanish under my touch.

After a few more small pecks I break away, relaxing into the position we were in before.
"You wanna have a go?" I speak up after a short silence of eye gazing.
"What?.. Lo you know i'm probably gonna single handedly be the reason that machine goes up in flames right?" She points to the where the machine is. A semi-loud chuckle escaped my mouth, maybe not helping but oh well.
"Babe, you're not gonna break anything. Come on it'll be fun, i'll teach you!"

She ponders for a couple seconds before I pull out the bottom lip & puppy dog eyes. Classic.
"Don't you da-... Don't do it Lauren" she speaks up.
I break from the face "Too late" quickly placing it back on.
"Uggh, fine! You win" she releases her hands from the fence as she walks around to meet me.

"It's that damn face, you know, one of these days it's not gonna work and then what are you gonna do?" she asks with her arms crossed as we walk to home plate.
"This" i respond quickly before wrapping my arms around her waist & pressing ticklish kisses on her neck & jawline. She squirms under my tough grasp in between laughs, Man her laugh is infectious and cute, it's like a symphony to my ears & her smile, boy her smile can rip you out of any form of sadness, it's warm, loving and empathetic yet charming and sexy at the same time. UGH and her eyes are like dark brown vortexes that i would dive right the fuck into if i were given the opportunity i promise yo-
"LAUREN! .. LOLO PLEASE I'M OUT OF BREATH" she screams in between giggles, waking me from my ever so often mental rambles about how beautiful she is.

"Sorry" i smile "one more" i peck her lips once more before giving her the bat.
"Ok ready?" I hand her the helmet.
"I guess so." She slips the helmet on and holds the bat, turning her body with her back facing me. "Help me though" a little seductive smile curls on her face. she knows what she's doing.

I happily obey of course.

My arms wrap around hers and my hands clasp above hers so i can slide them to the correct spot on the bat. "Keep your hands here, and when you lift up to swing make sure your right elbow is up all the way to here" i move my hand to her elbow lifting it up to it's right position before placing that hand on her hip.
"Then just before you swing be sure to step forward with your left leg" i pat the side of her thigh encouragingly. "You're gonna be fine, watch, i bet after this you'll be asking to join a team" i giggle into her cheek before kissing it & moving towards the mound.

"Remember what i said!" I raise my voice so she can hear me.

-

I put the last ball in watching her successfully hit it, she drops the bat & dances over to me. "Look at meeee, i hit the baaall, and nothing brooooke" she sings. I press my hand to my chest to feign shock. "I'm... I never would've believed it if someone told me!"
She slaps my upper arm with a serious look. "Shut up" she stares into my eyes trying to act mad before a small smile creeps up and eats away the sternness.

After we're all set to go we thank and say goodbye to Ed before walking to my car.

"Ugh Lo, I think all that batting pooped me out." She exaggerates by slumping her body and opening her mouth like she's dehydrated.
"My God" i say sarcastically.
"Carry. Me." She leans up against my arm.
I sigh. "Hop on" i lean foreword inviting her to hop on my back, until we carry on to the parking lot.

Her head lays on my shoulder as she looks around, then her head pops up, "I think it's really cute you still love softball, you use it as an escape and that's really special, don't lose that." My eyes furrow questioningly. "Why'd you get all philosophical just now?" I joke.
"I was just thinking, like, before we met and before anything happened with Fifth Harmony, you came here, this was your spot. It's important to keep these types of places sentimental and not let go of them." She looks at me from the corner of her eyes meeting my regular stares of endearment.

"plus i bet you looked super hot in your softball uniform" she raises her eyebrows a few times. I laugh to myself blushing at the stone path shaking my head lightly. "You know, that's one of the many unspoken regrets i have of not knowing you back then, even though there was nothing I could do about it, just we were so close without even knowing!" She laughs and tightens her grasp on me for a hug. How does she do it? She can be cute and cuddly one moment, beyond sexy the next, and somehow still show her intelligent & articulate side. Gorgeous, and she's mine.

I turn my head to smile at her "You're amazing... and I won't let go of this place." i look around, she's right. This is my "before she was famous" it holds memories that only i know.

We reach my car & with Camila still pressed to my back i sit us both down on the hood of the car in the same position.

"The sunset is beautiful so i thought we'd sit for a bit and enjoy it. If you don't want to we can go." I lean my head to the side to see her eyes up at the sky.
"No. I wanna stay." Her eyes meet mine then we both lean in for a passionate yet not too strong kiss.

We sit back entranced in our own thoughts, ranging from nostalgia to admiration. I pull my phone out of my pocket and slide up for the camera to face us. "SMILE" I scream knocking her out of her thoughts and pressing my lips to her cheek, i feel her cheeks lift in a smile and then i take the picture.

About 10 goofy photos and 1 video of me teasing her on her batting later we reenter into the car to head back to my house. Our hands rest on her lap while she fiddles with my fingers. The windows are cracked as i drive down the familiar roads of Miami. I hook my phone up so music quietly plays from the speakers, i can't hide the childlike smile on my face of how much i needed today, how much i needed Camila today. I look to the passenger seat, I could get lost in her. "Comin' Home" by City and Colour conveniently plays in the background reiterating the fact that despite where the fame takes us, right here, i'm happy.