@cocowolf12 Contest BECAUSE I CAN

**NOTE: NOT CANON (cause NO. *slaps* NO SPOILERS. BAD.)**

I never paid attention to Wolf before. Hell, I didn't even know she existed.

That is, until she saved my life.

It was a day that was to be remembered, for it was the day I found myself. Nah, I'm not one of those hippies that need to go to California in the '60s to find himself. Nah, I'm just a guy who just couldn't.

You see, I am an Eevee. Well, was a normal Eevee until the scientists came, but let's not get into that. It's not the point.

The point is that Eevee is an Evolution Pokemon. The Evolution Pokemon. And no matter how hard I tried, nope. I couldn't evolve. Even after finding a Mossy Stone or being exposed to a huge variety of Evolution Stones. It was impossible for me to evolve, and that was infuriating me.

When I said in the beginning, "she saved my life," you thought I meant literally, right? Wrong. She saved me spiritually, from the bonds that I had wrapped around myself out of the frustration of not being able to evolve.

This is how.

It was a rather cloudy day, the skies brushed with a whitish foam of clouds. You couldn't have seen the sun, and the wind was gradually picking up the pace as I padded through the tangling brush and crunching leaves of the forest.

I liked this kind of weather, for it was the kind that no-one would be out walking in. And I wanted nothing more than to be by myself, alone. Pity that the quiet loneliness didn't last long.

"Ack! Who are you?" I had run into someone while daydreaming. Immediately jumping into warning mode, I bristled and bared my teeth at the figure who had made the outburst.

"None of your business!" I retaliated, unused to talking to people-heck, anyone. And I would've stalked away at that, if an angry...um, thing hadn't stopped me. I didn't have that much time to register what it was, for all I noticed were its teeth and claws before it started shredding the figure next to me to pieces. On autopilot, I jumped onto the creature's back and dragged my claws through its matted fur. This, however, only annoyed it. It snarled and threw me off its back, directing its attention to me rather than the figure.

"Oh mother of-" I froze in place as the creature made its way towards me, fresh blood dripping off its claws. I would have been dead meat right there if the figure hadn't knocked the thing unconscious.

"Ha," they said, eyes gleaming. "The thing forgot that my sword arm was the one that they didn't maul."

We stood there awkwardly until I turned away. "Well, thanks for saving me. Bye." I took a few steps in the other direction, slowly quickening my pace.

"Wait!" they called out. "I didn't get your name. Who are you?" At this, I didn't turn around nor did I stop.

"None of your business. I'm a nobody anyway." I started trotting faster, wanting to get away. Away, away, away. Away from everything that happened, away from the world, away, away, away.

"It is my business," they retorted. I ran faster, hearing footfalls behind me. "Fine!" my pursuer had shouted. "I'll tell you my name first! I'm Wolf! Now please, would you at least tell me your name!"

I stopped. "I told you, I'm a nobody! No trainer has caught me yet, so I have no name! And why would a trainer catch me? I can't evolve! Who'd catch a useless Eevee like me? I told you, so now scat!" I ran again, full sprint this time. I ignored the light coming from the grey sky turning into shades of pink and purple. I ignored the brambles slapping at my ears. I just wanted away. Away, away, away. I ran faster when I heard their pounding footsteps behind me.

"You're not a nobody!" Wolf yelled. "You're someone of your own! You're Kevin!" I heard their footsteps stop. "You're Kevin! You're Kevin!"

Kevin. Kevin, Kevin, Kevin. Kevin. Kevin, I thought. Kevin. Soon, the simple name slipped into my mind as easily as my type or species. Soon, I accepted that that was me.

Wolf had given me Kevin.

I was me.

***

OH YAYYYY THE END!

This is for cocowolf12 's contest. I know one of my OCs is already in the story, but I guess I'm being really lazy with my actual stories so I made this one :P