"Hey Eddie, you okay?" Chuck asked grabbing his arm. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine," he lied. He didn't want to worry the boy. "I'm just...I'm just worried for Minho and Alby,"

"They'll be fine," the little boy assured again.

The voice didn't come back again. Edward decided to pretend it was all just a dream.

When the rain passed and it was getting close to dark, everyone gathered in front of the gates. There was silence. The brothers were getting impatient. They feared for the Glade's leader and the Keeper.

"This is ridiculous. Can't we just send someone in after them?" Thomas asked.

"It's against the rules," Gally answered. "Either they make it or they don't,"

"Haven't you ever heard of the phrase, 'No one gets left behind,'?" Edward asked crossing his arms.

"Haven't you ever heard of the word 'rules?" Gally counter argued.

Edward frowned.

"We can't risk losing anyone else," Newt said sadly.

Just then there was a whoosh of wind and then a clang of creaking echoed across the air. The gates were beginning to close slowly.

"Oh no," Chuck whispered.

Desperately Thomas peered through the doors hoping that Alby and Minho would appear in sight. He raised a hand. "Look! There!"

From out behind a corner appeared Minho and Alby.

"Wait, no. Something's wrong!" Newt was panicking.

Minho was pulling Alby by the waist. He was unconscious; he was so heavy that it slowed him down.

"Come on Minho, you can do it!" Chuck cheered.

"You can make it!" Edward joined.

But with every second that passed Minho was getting closer to getting trapped outside.

"You've gotta leave him!" yelled Gally.

"They're not goanna make it," Newt muttered.

"That's it. I'm going in," Edward tried to run in, but Gally grabbed him.

"What are you trying to do?" he demanded. "Get yourself killed? You'll be breaking the rule,"

"But they're right there. Surely we can...

"The rule is the rule!" Gally spat.

Suddenly Thomas went running into the maze.

Everyone shouted, "No!" at him and tried to pull him back.

"Tom!" Edward tried to run after him, but he was suddenly pulled back by Gally. "Let go of me!"

He elbowed Gally in the stomach and managed to free himself. But by the time, he had reached the doors. They had closed.

Thomas panted as he landed on the floor with a thud. He looked behind and saw the doors closed, separating him from the Glade, his new friends, his brother.

He looked ahead and was met with a hard-tempered face of Minho. "Nice job. You just killed yourself!"

"Tom!" Edward screamed through the crack between the doors. "Tom! Can you hear me!"

Thomas heard a muffled voice right behind him. His brother's. "Hey Ed!" he banged the door. "It's me!"

"It's me! Are you okay?"