"What does that mean?" Edward asked.

"You heard right? Every month, the Box sends up a new greenie. But someone had to be first. Alby was the first one to be sent up. He spent a whole month alone here. Alone before I came up,"

Edward and Thomas shared sympathetic glances with one another.

"It wasn't easy for him at all," Newt continued. "Hear this guys. When more boys started coming up one after the other every month, Alby learnt this. What's important is that we all had each other. We're in this together. We're a family now. We enter this place separately, but we leave all together,"

His words seemed to lift the brothers' concerns. Thomas kept hacking away.

"There you go Tommy," Newt praised.

The moment he said 'Tommy', Thomas stopped working. He thought back to what Edward just told him about his dream.

"Hey, are you goanna help?" Zart asked.

Thomas focused back on his task, not realising that Newt was giving him a strange glance.

Taking his glance off the three Gladers chopping at the wood, Edward looked at what Chuck was doing. "What'ya carving there Chuck?"

Chuck looked at him and saw the curious smile. He showed it. "Just a little totem,"

"Well..." Edward glanced closer seeing a face on it. "Looks rather cool so far. You're doing quite a great job,"

Chuck smiled. "Thanks," he kept on carving.

"How long have you been working on that?"

"Since I arrived here," he sounded sad.

"Hey. Don't worry. We'll get out one day. And when we do, I bet you'll be an amazing carver,"

Chuck looked at him again. "You think so?"

"You've done a wonderful job so far. I don't see what other profession you can be really good at Chuckie,"

Once again Chuck loved the complement. "If you call me Chuckie, can I call you Eddie?"

"Be my guest," Edward offered a fist and Chuck fist bumped it.

No sooner than Thomas had done a period of chopping with Newt and Zart that it began to rain. Everyone took cover under the sleeping quarters and the shelters. They were all glancing at the open gates to the maze.

"They should be back by now!" Edward said.

"What happens if they don't make it?" Thomas asked.

"They will!" Newt sounded positive. "Minho's always made it back before!"

Chuck remained a little close to a worried Edward. "They'll be back Eddie," his words didn't quite lift Edward's spirits. His mind was still glued to the image of the stung Ben attacking him, telling him it was his fault. He blocked out every other thought that came to him.

Edward. A voice called in his head. Can you hear me?

Edward almost felt his heart stop. He tried to pretend it was his imagination.

Edward don't panic. The voice sounded like a girl's voice. It was gentle and soft. They are not going to make it. Your friends aren't going to make it. You must send a search party out to find them before dark or they'll kill them.

The young teen felt his skin shaking. It couldn't be an actual girl there were no girls here.

Was he dreaming again? Was he imagining it? He was beginning to freak out.