Chapter 9 - Surrender

Start from the beginning

His reeling thoughts screeched to a halt along with the vehicle, the sound of its doors opening and slamming shut feeling all too familiar at this point.

Izuku braised himself as the crunching of shoes on gravel came closer to the trunk, his heart hammering as he anticipated the cold gush of air slapping him across the face before getting manhandled by the criminal sent to retrieve him.

There was a pause.

Then a loud click that made Midoriya's breath hitch. The door opened, welcoming the fresh air only night could bring you.

A grunt was heard before a pair of strong arms wrapped around the boy, whose small body flinched at the contact. Izuku stayed silent as he was lifted up, only letting out a huff as he was thrown over a broad shoulder.

No one said anything as the car emptied its passengers, the doors echoing slams fading into the sounds of crickets chirping proudly.

If Izuku had to guess, there were probably about three or four people walking alongside him from the car now, that is, if you didn't count the guy carrying him around like a meat sack.

Despite trying not to press his face against the villain's back a strong stench of cologne still managed to push its way through his clogged nose, the smell leaving a terrible itch down his nostrils.

Before he knew it, the lot of them came to a halt right in front of what Midoriya presumed to be a locked door. If the sounds were anything to go by, it seemed to be padlocked by a ridiculous amount of locks, each one giving a click before the rustle of keys moved on to the next one.

Izuku expected the ear pitching creak that followed the last click, 'Just like the movies...' He thought bitterly as his head swayed with the motion of his captive taking a few steps through the door. But just as the previous entrance slammed shut, a pattern of 'beeps' rang out in the stuffy air.

'Wait.. is that a pad code..?'

Izuku flinched as a sudden hiss took over, the noise followed suit by something mechanical moving inside the walls. What sounded like a thick metal door slowly parted into a big opening, then going completely silent.

A light tremble had spread throughout the green haired boy's body, goosebumps covering every inch of his skin as every hair stood on its ends.

This was it, the moment all his darkest thoughts would come true. He will never get to hear that soothing melody of his mother's voice again, never see her worrisome face he's become so accustomed to. Never even feel the warmth of her arms around him as she cried softly into his hair. He had barely even looked at her the day he disappeared..

Even if that article about disregarding his case was fake or simply a mistake, there was no way anyone would find him now, let alone a pro.

'I wont make it.. Will I?'

Izuku's face scrunched up into the look of someone on the brink of breaking down, but nothing came. No tears, no sobs, no heavy breathing. Just a look of anguish as his emerald eyes pricked and itched uncomfortably behind the drying blindfold.

All he could do as the group of people moved further into the unknown building was grit his teeth while his muscles shook uncontrollably, he did not dare resist. He had learned his lesson.

Their footsteps echoed as the flooring turned from wood to tiles, giving a large impression on what must be a corridor. Behind them Izuku could hear the mechanical noise move once more, a distant thud following as the entrance closed shut.

"So.." A young and smooth male voice broke the silence. "What's the deal with the kid?"

The greenette subconsciously curled in on himself.