The Eggpire

He nearly trips over the red vine that snakes over the path. Huffing, annoyed, he kicks it out of the way.
Whispers enter his mind. He looks up, head snapping around.
"I can give you your heart's desires," the voice whispers.
"Who are you?" He whispers back, still looking around.
"I am the Crimson Egg."
He frowns.
"Oh, I've heard about you."
"The others talk now, but they will join soon enough... As will you..."
"No, I'd rather not, thanks. I've had enough cults for a lifetime."  He spots the red vine curling around his left wrist. Snapping with his right hand, he watches apathetically as purple flames consume the vine. The whispers shriek and retreat, but the purple fire keeps spreading. He watches it travel across the red vines, almost amused, eyes glowing. Most of the red vines in the area are consumed before he finally allows it to extinguish. He turns to go, and hums lowly, "That was a warning."
He could laugh at how the remaining vines, slightly crisp, seem to curl in on themselves, away from him.
He walks away.

Later that day, he goes to visit Niki at her bakery. He overhears voices.
"You should come and see the egg, Niki! You'd love it!"
"No, I would rather not. I've got to watch the Bakery." He can hear her voice shake slightly and frowns.
"Oh, it'll only be a moment!"
"I-I really don't want to go, Bad,"
"Niki, we're asking nicely. Come to the egg." Another voice threatens.
"Ant, come on, this is ridiculous!" Puffy defends.
"Stay out of our way, Puffy."
He steps out from behind the hill.
"Now, what do we have here?"
Everyone's gaze snaps to him.
"Grian, this doesn't concern you!" Ponk growls. He tilts his head.
"Doesn't it?" Stepping forward, the vines that had sprouted around the bakery recoil, and he sees the shock in the way the eggpire folks eyes widen, how Bad takes a step back as surely the egg attempts to get them away from him.
"Wait-What?"
"Now, I don't want to hurt you. However, I hold none of those sentiments towards the crimson. I have better things to do than take down some weak life form leaching off of innocent players, and that is the only thing stopping me from marching down the steps and burning all of it to ashes. Don't make it worth my time." He fights to keep his voice level, despite the rage that makes his hands shake slightly. He moves to stand between the four and his friends. His wings expand to protect them further.
"...yes, Grian..." They intone softly, and run off. He watches them go, before folding his wings, turning to Niki and Puffy with a smile.
"Well! That was quite the fiasco! I guess I showed up in the nick of time!"
"Thank you... What was that?"
He glances at the vine tentatively wrapping around his ankle. It lights in a purple blaze and shrivels away.
"Void Fire will burn just about anything," he shrugs.
"Oh. That's... Terrifying."
"Yeah, right? Anyways, I was just stopping by for some cookies. Do you happen to have any?"
"Yeah, of course. They're on me, this time. Thanks again for the help." He smiles.
"It's no problem at all."