birthday boy.

i died but here i am . i am a ghost : , )

bill and mike.

bill 17, mike 17

the sun beams down on derry on a hot july 25th. it's about 55° degrees out and the losers are down in the quarry. they had planned on going there for most of the day and then hitting the local diner for dinner before heading home for the night. all of the losers had planned on doing something special for mikes 17th birthday, they had all bought him something small, and collectively bought him a big gift.

the first stop of the day was the local diner in town. they had all planned on meeting there at 1:30pm, only so late into the day because richie and bill worked until 1230pm and mike wanted everyone there to celebrate his day. it was around 1, when mike had arrived to the diner, he there to get their table set up and make sure there was enough seats. he also worked there on the weekends to get some extra cash so he just started to wipe off the tables and keep himself busy.

the first to arrive was eddie and richie, around twenty after. "heya birthday boy" richie exclaimed, giving mike a bro hug, eddie also gave him one. they sat down at a booth,m and eddie had sat their gift on the table. "i'm so glad you guys could come" mike says. "mike were so glad we could come" eddie says, gripping richies hand under the table.

the next three too enter the diner and find the friends was bev, stan and ben. mike got up and greeted them all, hugging and all. they had all sat down again, chatting amongst themselves. "where's big bill at?" richie asks.

"i think he told me yesterday he'd get here a little after 130" bev replied, tracking down a waitress. mikes heart throbbed a bit, just wanting bill to be there.

honestly, he's had a crush on bill for a while. the way his eyes are bright blue, bright smile, adorable laugh, it killed mike keeping this to himself. he's not entirely sure though if bill would even be interested in guys, let alone him.

when bill finally walked in, he was teased about being late. it was like a scene from a movie, mike was seeing slow mo- and it was like there was wind in his hair. the only seat left was right next to mike, so he scooted over and made room for him.

"h-happy buh-birthday mike" he says, a small gift in his hand with a gorgeous smile. "thanks billy" he teases as bill sits down. mike continues his conversation with bev that he was having, but the smell of bills cologne was taking over mikes nostrils. making it extremely hard to focus.

——————————

bills present was his favourite. it was a neck chain with a cross on it, for some reason it stuck out to mike and he loved it.

after they had all ordered food and milkshakes it was about 345pm when they started their bike ride to the quarry. the sun still beating down on the ground, shadows of the losers cast on the ground. eddie and stan were making fun of richies lame jokes, ben was talking to bev about some underground music he found, and then mike and bill were conversing.

"honestly, i thought that henry would have found out it was us" mike says, talking about the time they egged henry's car.

"oh h-he definitely kn-knows it's uh-us. i j-just think hi-his d-dad laid into h-him" bill giggles, mike joining along.

the sun felt great on everyone's skins.

they were all excited to jump in the water and swim for a couple hours. mike couldn't wait to see bill, bills body, ok that's a bit weirder than he remembered. but he can't help it- it's what helps get him off every night. thinking about bill, his small body, squirming around and begging- ok that's enough.