~𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞~

-☾☀︎︎☽-

ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ

-☾☀︎︎☽-

November 18/19, 1979

"sirius, remus, we need to have a talk."

sirius and remus shared a look. about two hours ago, they got kicked out of the room where marlene mckinnon was giving birth to their first baby daughter. marlene volunteered at a surrogate for them, as she knew she couldn't have children as a lesbian.

at first, the thought of having a child during a war, was very risky. but they needed a distraction, and with that they made a decision. some very stupid, but also amazing decision.

they needed a distraction.

so at the last hour of november 18, 1979 remus and sirius were in a room with dumbledore. who - unfortunately - looked at them sympathetically.

remus' eyebrows furrow. "please, kindly, remind us why you're here."

"yeah, is everything okay?" sirius questions.

"everything is fine except ..." dumbledore started but was soon cut off.

"except?!" the two men exclaimed.

"except, your daughter is practically killing ms. mckinnon. please understand that there is some complication in the next room."

they heard marlene scream.

"she'll be in labor for about two hours, your daughter will be born officially on november 19. but do you know why it's so complicated?"

"why?" remus asked, trying to stay calm. "this should be something we'd be happy about, not stressing out about."

"i understand, mr. lupin. your child's been under the impression of a siphon. she's taking blood from ms. mckinnon."

"blood?" sirius questioned. "professor, our daughter can't a ... siphon."

"she's ... she was born to protect, sirius."dumbledore said, confusing the two men. "there's a possibility she could be a vampire .. because of this."

"but that means she could- no, she would have to die!" sirius cried. "she's not even born yet."

"i'm sorry, but it's the only way to have her alive." said dumbledore, sympathetically. "and for your information, it's not going to hurt her. she's a powerful one. i have a feeling this would do her good."

"good for her?" remus repeated. "but my baby — a murderer? those things are murderer's, blood eating beasts. i can't have her like that. it's too dangerous and could lead her to dangerous situations."

"dumbledore ... please." sirius begs. "let her have her life."

"she will, but she is dying right now ... in her stomach. it's okay, i already have alexia cade- "

"why? what the fuck, does my daughter have to do with this war." remus spoke. "how the hell is she even dying?"

dumbledore stared at the couple for a quick second. "i cannot say, but she has everything to deal with this war. if voldemort finds out what she is, he will kidnap and use her for her protection.

she has to be hidden, she should be forgotten. only tell the people you mostly trust, and for the people that don't - but know - tell them she died. and i am genuinely sorry to say that, part of the reason she is who she is... is because of you remus. her body got confused with your werewolf blood."

remus swallowed, and shared a look with sirius.

"so .. she's going to be a siphon. but you mentioned his werewolf situation- " sirius said, but then was cut off.

"so it's my fault? but s-she has a prophecy ... right?" remus held his breath.

dumbledore shook his head. "i don't think so anymore-"

"anymore!" the two men shouted.

"there was a theory, but i have a feeling the prophecy can't prove for her becoming a heretic, as well."

"what even is a heretic?" sirius asked with tears going down his face.

"a heretic is a vampire and a witch combined." said dumbledore. "as we know, you are born a witch. now, like i was saying, i have a very nice vampire friend - alexia cade - she was willing to help. she knows more, so she volunteered to get a blood bag for her. i suppose it is impossible for a baby to drink blood. but your daughter ... she's special. a rare species."

remus blinked. "okay ... so, our daughter is forced to become a .. a vampire? and she's not incapable of it, unless this cade women helps."

"yes, mr. lupin-black." dumbledore nodded. "but as of right now, it is safer to go by your original last names. also she wasn't forced, she was meant to be. now, i know this may be hard for you both. i'll leave you to it."

before he walked out, dumbledore stopped.

"be prepared for the time she notices her power. things may get complicated."

remus and sirius embraced eachother as the older wizard left, feeling tears down their cheeks.

"we still did it, siri." remus smiled. "she may be apart of a terrible war, but she'll forever be our child. as long as she's with us."

"i have the perfect name." sirius gasped.

"let's hear it."

"elara lily lupin-black. but to others, black or lupin."

"it's perfect."

***

a/n: hello! It's eve, after so many times rewriting this book I've finally found a satisfactory in rewriting it without other thinking to change anything.

Thought out the book, feel free to let me know if there are any mistakes in it. Thank you for those who are reading Lara, I really appreciate it!

Now, without further ado, may the Battle of Hogwarts (peacefully) commence.