~𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭~

-☾☀︎︎☽-

ᴏᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 31sᴛ 1981 -☾☀︎︎☽-

ᴏᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 31sᴛ 1981
-☾☀︎︎☽-

12 years earlier

halloween 1981 wasn't as easy. temus had turned into a werewolf that night. a full moon covers the sky as sirius met james in their little cottage to give baby elara. fumbledore had gave sirius a mission to find the spy, but seeing as he needed to check up on his old friend peter - he needed james to babysit.

elara happily squealed as she entered the arms of her favorite - and only - godfather james potter. james nodded and saluted as he walked out their cottage. he then apparated outside godrics hallows, smoothly snuck around to where his hidden household was. saying a password, he walked in.

now, people may think that halloween was a rather enjoyable event for children and adults to dress up and have fun. but unfortunately for some wizarding families - a war was brewing.

not only did the potter family have a deep secret, so  did the lupin-blacks. harry was the chosen one, the prophecy that was hidden from him for his safety. elara was the heretic, the reason harry potter will continue to live on. elara was the protector, the reason voldemort also wanted her.

somehow voldemort found out about her, causing the order of the phoenix to realize that there was a spy in the order. this made dumbledore give sirius the mission to look for their newest enemy.

since elara turned from siphon to heretic, the two men noticed how their daughter had been able to do magic. specifically, difficult wandless magic, that not many wizards can do. but seeing as she is a special one, they weren't surprised.

during this lovely night away from both parents and with her favorite people - besides sirius, remus, and marlene - james got bored and decided to dress the kids up. all while lily made dinner for them.

"lily, look at the little devils." james snickered, earning a slap from lily.

"don't call my angels that." she snapped. "what did you do? they look like idiots,"

"no, they look adorable." james cooed elara, who was in a dinosaur onesie. she looked at him with a 'get me out of this ugly ass onesie, stupid stag.'.

"yep, definitely remus's daughter." james nodded to lily, who smiled.

"well," lily started. "why don't we get you two little ones changed before dinner."

once they started eating, they noticed the time was late and decided to get ready for bed. lily put both baby's in the crib, and kissed each goodnight.

about three seconds later elara starts crying as if in pain. both adults look at each other in confusion, and rush to the two infants before picking elara up.

"shh, you're going to be okay, lara lily." lily bounced her as she began to hum to her.

BANG!

a loud noise was heard outside, causing the two adults to look at each other in shock. james walked to the door, empty handed, and kissed harry - who he put back in the crib.

"i should check." he said. "it could be pete, he probably went with sirius."

"yeah," lily swallowed, before nodding. "hey james? be careful, will ya? I love you."

james pulling lily and elara into a hug, before kissing lily as if it was the last he'll ever see her. "no, lily, I love you. now go, take harry and run. elara needs to hide, whether it's Peter or not. she could be at risk of death. go! i'll hold him off."

then james runs. hiding elara in a corner, he puts his finger to his lips. elara doing, knowing it's a game.

"i'll be back, my little lily." james kissed her head.

"love jame." she whispered.

"i love you too, flower."

and with that, james was off. "pete?" he called. "peter?"

a cold laugh was heard at his front door, and as james walked into his living room. he found it completely messed up. parts of his now broken door - all over the place.

"ah, james potter. what an honor." the cold face had said.

"you." james shouted, pointing to tom riddle.

"me?"

"you! y-you want to kill my son." james said. "you'd have to kill me first."

"done." voldemort said, his voice like a solid whisper.

"avada kedavra."

at exactly 8:26 pm, james potters body hit the floor. lifeless and cold.

lily froze at the sound, after whispering to harry, really wishing she had the time to aparate out and into safety. "harry, you are so loved."

elara stayed in her spot, her eyes watery, and her fingers in her mouth. she had remembered her james told her to be quiet. she wanted to go home. to sirius, to remus.

"harry, I love you." lily whispered. "harry, stay strong."

elara waited another minute. she shock at the sound of a scream. it was loud, like a siren.

she crawled out of her corner, and saw her james laying down.

"hewwo!" she sat next to him. "jame."

"jameeeeeee?"

baby elara heard a loud cry coming from a room, and she felt tired. her eyes dropped, as she laid next to james, her baby hands resting on james's cold ones.