Chapter 2

Derek's POV:

As I enter the surgical floor, I instantly groan as I remember that today there will be a new group of interns starting. I imagine this year will be different though, considering Amy will be one of the interns. I am trying to convince myself that having Amy working here could be a good thing, but in reality she is still an intern and I've already warned her that she will not be receiving any special treatment from me. I'm sure she'll get enough of that from Addie and Mark.

"Derek!" I turn as I hear my name being called by Amy and quickly turn back around and continue walking.

"C'mon Derek!" I hear Amy groan, causing me to give in and stop to allow her to catch up.

"I told them not to put you on my service yet Amy." I said sternly as I turned quickly becoming annoyed, but calming as I noticed the petite blonde, presumably an intern, standing next to Amy.

"Oh would you relax! I'm thankfully with Addie, you're with Grey I was just helping her look for you." Amelia replied, at the same time not missing the way her big brother was looking at Meredith.

"Hi. I'm Dr. Grey" Meredith introduced herself, politely smiling at him but becoming increasingly nervous because of the way he was looking at her.

As soon as my eye caught a glimpse of Dr. Grey, I felt something I had never felt before, causing me to become quickly overwhelmed and slightly disoriented. I couldn't stop looking at her, I just couldn't get enough of her. "Shit." I whispered as I began to feel frustrated with how this damn intern was affecting me already.

"Uhh... Derek?" Said Amy, allowing me to refocus.

"Sorry. Hi. Dr. Derek Shepherd, nice to meet you Dr. Grey." I smiled, but after noticing the shock on both of the intern's faces, I reverted back to my usual at-work demeanour. "So Dr. Grey, please tell me that you are not in fact incompetent and that you didn't actually need Dr. Shepherd's help finding me, because if you can't even do that on your first day... you won't last a week here."

"Ohh uhh.." Meredith stuttered.

"Stop being such an ass Derek and cut her some slack, how is she supposed to know what you look like? Plus, I wanted to know you if were coming to family dinner tomorrow?" Amelia asked.

"I think you know the answer to that, Amelia!" I shouted as I turned and started to walk away, making it clear that Amy was entering dangerous territory.

"Please Derek! It's been weeks!" Amelia shouted back, not missing the fact that he called her Amelia, letting her know she clearly hit a nerve of his.

"LET'S GO GREY" I shouted, my patience wearing thin.

---------------------------------------------------------

Meredith's POV

"Your brother is an ASS!" I groaned, slumping down next to Amelia at the lunch table.

'Trust me I'm aware. Or at least he is at work." Amelia replied.

"Wait so he's not like this all of the time?" I said, finding that hard to believe. Although, a few times throughout the day he did seem slightly less mean, mostly when he would look at me weirdly.

"I've heard everyone around here thinks he is a total dick, but all of the nurses also talk about how hot he is, which I guess I could see." Cristina chimed in.

"I thought you were gay?" I asked, looking for some clarification, but also hoping Cristina didn't have a thing for Derek. I'm not really sure why that matters to me, but I definitely need to know.

"Oh I am, but considering he's related to Amelia it makes sense." Christina added.

"Are you calling me hot?" Amelia smirked.

"Yes."

"Hey Cristina, I forgot something in my locker, do you wanna walk with me?" Amelia asked, winking at Cristina as Jackson and Alex joined me at the table. I groaned and rested my head on the table, realizing they were going to leave me here with the two man whores.

Switch to Derek's POV:

As I looked across the cafeteria, I saw Amy get up as the Yang girl joined her and watched as they practically ran out of the room. I also noticed the two muscular idiots from the intern group join Meredith at the table. All of a sudden, anger came over me as I watched them cause Meredith to smile and giggle, the sound causing my emotions to become even more confusing. The sound of her giggle was amazing, but I didn't want it to the product of something that Karev or Avery said to her. I sprung up from my seat and made my way over to their table, anger pulsing through me.

"Grey, would you care to join me so that you can put yourself to good use and do some actual work today? Karev, Avery, get your heads out of your asses and do some work too."

The three interns stared at me, clearly frightened and didn't move a muscle.

"NOW!" I yelled and watched the interns scurry from their seats and get to work.