𝘉𝘈𝘋 𝘓𝘜𝘊𝘒 𝘉𝘖𝘠

Start from the beginning

Johnny walks over to the two girls, a letter in his hand. "Letter for you Sapph." He flags as he passes its to her.

Maeve sits up from her slouching position to cross her legs eagerly as she watches her friend open the letter.

It's rare for anyone in the house to get mail.

The eldest girl opens the letter, pulling out two vip tickets. She jumps up screaming, scaring everyone in the room and subsequently causing Toby to knock down the tower he was working on.

"Dizzee! Are you joking me?" She screams again, "My dads got me two tickets for tomorrow! How cool is that! Cos my dads like, a roadie, so.." Maeve watches happily as her friend enthusiasm soars through the roof. "We'll probably go backstage and meet Dizzee and his crew!"

The girl runs out the room trying to find the closest adult to enthuse to next.

Maeve doesn't know much about Sapphires dad but all she does know is that Sapphire , like, never gets to see him.

Later in the day, Maeve goes and visits Sapphire in her room only to find out that Mike, Gina and Tracy have all told her that she is not allowed to go.

"What?" The youngest is confused, "Why not? It's literally already paid for."

Sapphire flops onto her mattress, "It's just because they don't want me to see my dad."

As much as Maeve wanted to know why, she knew better than the question people about their personal life, especially if they live in a children's home.

Surprisingly, the person she knew the most about was Liam. Him and his five different sets of foster parents; him being left at a hospital at only a few days old.

Some may guess that she's just interrupts in the boys life, but that couldn't be anymore wrong. She found and tracked things about his past just in case they got into a really bad argument and she needed a personal dig. It's not something she's proud off and it's also something she hopes to never use, but, it's there just in case.

It's the next day and even by morning, things weren't looking good for Toby.

Tracy released her article last night and the whole house had read it.

She had titled the column, 'Bad Luck Boy' and it ended up being all about Toby.

Maeve couldn't believe it when she read it. Wasn't it just yesterday that Tracy was trying to convince Toby that he's not unlucky?

"When Toby goes outside, birds stop singing and dogs begin to howl.."

It's crazy to think that Tracy would write and release this article. She's lived at the dumping ground before so she must have known that if anyone found it, it's bad news for Toby.

He endured comments like:
"Careful Bad Luck Boy, could have been a black cat."
"How do, Voodoo?"
"The curse of the Mummy.. wooo!"
"Curse of the no-mummy."

It shouldn't surprise anyone that straight after breakfast, he went to his room.

Back in the lounge, the girls find themselves on the sofa again. They seem to spend majority of the week there.