𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗱

"HUH!??? I'M WHAT!?"

Y/n was practically shaking, trying to process the words that had left Ningguang's mouth.

She was fired???

Why? Did she do something bad?

Almost a week had passed since the disaster with the random big Zhongli-was-the-lizard-and-the-archon-the-entire-time reveal.

Y/n had distracted herself by teaching Haiyang everything he needed to know about acting like a normal human being and not a God who lacks social skills.

He was already going out on his own though he preferred to stay with y/n.

He seemed to enjoy cooking too.

Childe and Zhongli stayed farrrr away from y/n per her request after they both tried to apologize only to narrowly avoid being stabbed by an electro-infused spear.

As for Suzu, she returned to Inazuma, bringing the kite y/n had ordered along with her.

Y/n's dislike for Childe increased significantly since now she felt like a jerk. Mf had paid for the damn kite even after she beat him up twice and she hadn't gotten the chance to thank him or apologize.

She really needed a break...

But anyways... now wasn't a very good time to be fired, she'd just quit her job at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor.

Hu Tao seemed a little disappointed to see her go but respected y/n's decision when she learned the reason behind it.

"B-But why? Was it something I did?" y/n questioned, extremely confused.

"Y/n, you've been a great help since you first began working with us a year ago, but it seems like your mind is elsewhere as of late." Ningguang explained and y/n grimaced.

She looked away, 'Yeah. Because I'm hiding a god in my house.' "Well, yes, but I can focus! I can still be useful!"

"I've also received word that you left your job at Wangsheng Funeral Parlor." Ningguang continued, "Is it perhaps... you intend to..?"

'...is that what she thinks?! Never!' y/n shook her head frantically, eyes wide, "No! No, no! Not at all!"

"Well, whatever your reason is, I'd like you to think it through thoroughly." the white haired woman murmured as y/n stood there awkwardly, fidgeting with her hands, "Give it some time, alright?"

Y/n was left feeling unsure about what she wanted to do before she settled for retreating to Mondstadt for the day.

Haiyang was busy helping Qiqi anyways so he would likely be too tired to worry about y/n and where she was.

~~~ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ•°*

Something was wrong with y/n.

Diluc hadn't known her for too long but he knew that something was up when she entered the tavern looking miserable.

Her greeting wasn't as energetic, she looked rather drained as she rested her head against the counter when she sat on a bar stool.

"..."

"..."

"Good evening, Diluc...." y/n mumbled, "Can I just have apple juice..."

To be honest, y/n didn't feel like drowning her feelings with dandelion wine. Haiyang had just scolded her the other evening about how it was bad.

It wasn't like she drank all the time.

She only had wine once every three months or on really special occasions.

She blindly patted the counter, searching for her apple juice when Diluc placed it beside her. She found it and lifted her head, sitting up so she could enjoy her apple juice.

Y/n simply sat there in silence, staring at her cup of apple juice with a miserable expression. She sat there even after everyone left the tavern, since it was closing and all.

She was far too deep in thought to acknowledge the fact that Diluc hadn't asked her to leave, only refilled her cup when she asked for more apple juice.

"You've been sitting there and sighing for the past two hours." Diluc spoke up, "And that look of misery on your face is disturbing. What's on your mind?"

Y/n tried to smile, "Oh? I, uhm... got fired."

"Fired?" Diluc echoed.

"Temporarily, apparently..." y/n mumbled, "My Boss wanted me to take some time to... think some things over."

"To think some things over?" Diluc questioned and y/n nodded, "Well... while it is odd, it's not the end of the world. Just do as your Boss asked of you and do that thinking she asked you to do. It's simple. Unless you're a workaholic."

Y/n blinked, "But... I dunno what to do."

"What do you enjoy doing?"

"Ah... well... working."

"Is working the only thing you know how to do?" Diluc asked, exasperated.

"No, I'm just used to working a lot." y/n said quietly, "I got my first job when I was seven and I've been working ever since so... working is as easy as breathing to me."

"..."

"..."

"So you are a workaholic."

"You could say that."

Diluc heaved a sigh, "Well, if you really can't relax, I guess I can give you some work to do. Only if you're willing to-"

Y/n's eyes brightened, "I'll do it!"

"I haven't even told you the job yet..."