08. the devil

"MARRIED?" The teenagers shouted at me, as I simply shrugged

"MARRIED?" The teenagers shouted at me, as I simply shrugged. "Yeah, married." I pause, putting a hand forward. "Don't worry, we got divorced."

"Beautiful wedding, though." Ziggy butted in, letting me nod in conformation.

"Wha- ok." Deena sat stunned, looking at the floor. Silence overtook us as we all stared at one another, before Deena's eyes widened in realization.

"Where's Sam?" Deena muttered, realizing she hadn't heard the muffled shouting of the girl. Quickly, she stood up and walked towards the bathroom. I had yet to question the girl screaming in the restroom, knowing if I asked, I would somehow have to be involved in something I didn't care about.

With Deena and the rest of the teens rushing towards the bathroom, I could tell by the way they paused — they were waiting for me. I let out a groan, following them towards the restroom.

Deena slowly opened up the door of the bathroom, the look of a possessed teenage girl came into my view, making my eyes widen.

"We need your help." Deena sighed, before I nodded my head.

"Well, we need to find where the body is, first of all." I started, before all the teenagers shook their heads.

"We know where the body is. Off highway 5 in the woods between Shadyside and Sunnyvale." Deena shot down.

"That's not possible." Ziggy replied back. "It's there, trust us. the chains, the bones, the whole thing." Josh explained.

"That could be anyone."

"Listen, our friend died for this. For the same reason they killed Alice, Cindy and Joan. The killers came after us because we found something they didn't want us to find. and, I wish to god it never happened. But, we found it. We found what you were looking for in '78. We found Sarah Fier." deena ranted.

Oddly, Ziggy and I gave eachother eery looks, before turning back to the teenager.

"look, nurse Lane was right. We can end the curse by reuniting the body with the hand. And we know where the body is, so all we need is the hand."

"What happened to camp nightwing, is the hand bone still there? is it still buried under the hanging tree?" deena wondered.

Letting out a sigh, I nodded. "Yes. it's still there."

. . .

"Hi. I need to talk to Nic— Sheriff Goode." I mutter, chewing at the tip of my thumb as I waited for Nick to answer.

"Can I ask who's calling?" The Lady said through the phone.

I gave Ziggy an odd look, watching as she nodded her head in encouragement.

"I— tell him it's Cameron." I lowly say, slightly smiling. Cowardly looking to the side, my eyes widen as I see Ziggy — holding a knife tightly in the palm of her hand. "Ziggy, put the damn knife down." I snap, watching as the Berman girl freaks out about sam going crazy in the bathroom.

Ziggy sent me an offended look, before turning her head to the back door opening. "Jesus christ. Look at her! I told you it wouldn't work! There's no ending."

The four teenagers sent blank faces, not fazed by the woman's bantering. I gave the four a look, crossing my arms.

"what is it?"

"we need to talk." Hesitantly, I set the phone down — I had been waiting for Nick to answer, but no good. At this point, I didn't care.

Well, shit.

The information I had just been given about my ex-husband came in shock. A murderer, he was. I was in awe of how a man like him actually had the balls to grow up and do something so risky. I wasn't sad — no. Just angry. Angry that he led my sister, and Cindy to death. I was angry that for all this time, he had been torturing people I cared about.

"This is how we save Sam. How we save Shadyside. We can't kill the devil. So, we have to kill him." Deena explained.

"No, no." I shake my head. "I have to kill him." I shoot up from my spot on the sofa, rushing outside. I listened to the muffled running behind me — but didn't care, as I wistfully looked to Ziggy. "Knife, now." I hold out my hand, as the woman hesitantly pressed the weapon against my palm.

Quickly, I swiped a clean cut against my arm — a small gap of blood falling out. My intentions being right, the sound of Ruby's voice came from down the street. I quickly dropped the knife, running to the middle of the road to see the people in need.

As Ruby's eyes landed onto me, she broke into a smile, putting her razor into her pocket.
"Hey, cupcake." she sang, standing right in front of me. The rest of the murders sent me small waves and smiles, making me respond with the same action.

The group behind me stood in awe, slowly backing up from them. "I need your guys help." I requested.

The murderers sent eachother looks. Ruby crossed her arms, popping her hip. "With what?"

"You want to help me murder someone?" I smile.

The group broke into a grin, slowly nodding their heads. "who?" Billy Barker spoke out, slightly walking forward.

"Nick Goode."

The six froze in their spot, before all quickly shaking their heads.

"Cami, we love you. but we can't help you. he's the one who control us, he'll torture us if we disobey him." Tommy Slater whispered to me, leaning down to my ear.

"i'll take care of him. and, i'll take care of you. clearly i'm a little more powerful than him with you guys, since you're clearly disobeying him by not murdering all of us right now." I shot back, turning around to the group behind me.

the murderers all looked at eachother, sending odd looks. they all slowly nodded, before ruby leaned in. "ask the kids to wait in the car."

My breath hitched, turning to the group behind me. "guys, you can go wait in the car." I ask. The entire group broke into relieved smiles, rushing to the car.

I slowly turned back to the group, making me break into a smile. "You still sticking with the plan?"

"Always, boss. Are you sure we can't kill them, though?" Ruby pouted, playing with a strand of her hair.

"No. I'm not killing them, so you aren't either. I just need to finish this damn curse. For Joan, Cindy, Sarah." I sigh, before they all nodded.

"you got it?" Ruby smiled.

I let out a deep huff, reaching a hand behind my back and pulling out a red handled, silver dagger.

"Let's go murder this asshole."