07. married the fucker

"ZIGGY, I said run!" I snapped towards my red headed friend who stood frozen

"ZIGGY, I said run!" I snapped towards my red headed friend who stood frozen. Being on my side, Cindy whipped around, nodding her head at the little sister to give her the go.

"We'll finish this. Just, get to safety, Zig!" Cindy gave her sister a reassured look. Now, Ziggy was hesitant. But none the less, obliged these orders, sprinting towards the wood in haste.

Quickly, I shot up from my spot, standing next to Cindy. "What do you want Sarah Fier? Do you want this? You can have it!" Cindy's voice echoed around the large field, holding tightly onto Sarah Feir's hand as they all paced towards the duo. "Just let Cami live!" Cindy shouted, repeating it multiple times.

Abruptly, Cindy dropped the hand, grabbing the shovel by our feet. "You bled on the bone. They're after you. Get ready to run." Cindy instructed, making myself shake my head.

"Cindy, they aren't after me. they're after you. they're going to kill you if you stand in their way, you have to run." I explained rather quickly. I was successful in making Cindy rush away, as she shook her head.

"I don't care. Tell Ziggy I love her, ok?" Cindy smiled, before pushing me away from her.

Quickly, Cindy hit Tommy with the shovel, before he knocked her jaw with his bloody axe, making the Berman girl fall to the ground.

Hearing the thud, I whipped my head around, watching Cindy fell to the ground. I let out a scream, running back towards Cindy. As I was running, I turned around, watching as all the murders started sprinting towards me, trying their best to stop me from going near the Berman girl.

Once I had got closer, trying to stop Tommy's actions, I failed. Tommy pulled back his axe to hit Cindy again, only for me to take a blow to the stomach. The deep, retching feeling made my heart jump away from my body. I looked down at my stomach as Tommy and I shared looks of horror, catching each others eye. Tommy froze, as all the other dead Shadysiders did, as well.

I fell to the ground in pain, making Tommy's axe get yanked out of me. It didn't help. I groaned, letting out heavy coughs of blood. My ears muffled the sound of the murderers, who were crowded around me in shock.

I tried not to fall asleep. But my eyes became heavy, wanting me to go unconscious under this dark night sky. My body laid on the ground, as I heard the sound of slashing from beside me. My body tensed, turning to see Cindy, getting hit by Tommy's handy axe multiple times. She tried to speak to me. She did, but I couldn't hear. The feeling of haze foamed in my body, not letting me gain back any hearing. It was all blurred like a foggy window.

More coughs escaped me, as my vision swayed. The dead in front of me slowly disappeared from my eyes fluttering to a close. The thunder in the sky shook the ground, as rain drops fell onto my now corpse of a body. I didn't feel pain. I felt calm; reduced of hurt.

Nick Goode was in shock of the sight in front of him. Two girls laid dead, their hearts no longer beating. Nick would be lying if he said he didn't shed tears. Many, to be frank.

"Cami!" Nick breathed out, hurrying his steps towards her. The boy made it, bending down and holding my face, ever so gently. "No! Hey, hey! Don't die on me, ok!" Nick huffed, starting to pump her chest right by her heart. He tried. He tried so hard. "C- Cami. Please. I- I need you, Cami." The boy whimpered. For as long as Nick could take, he continued with the cpr, as I laid purely dead.

Death seemed easy for me, at this moment in time. But my wishes I've made for so long, we're turning into a horrible nightmare.

I had always read, or watched movies about Zombies, or Vampires. And at this moment in time, I began to think I was becoming those monsters. My heart, it didn't beat. Ever again. But I was alive. My brain, my soul, my muscles. They lived. Blood didn't flow into my body, but it didn't matter.

I blamed her; Sarah Fier. She cursed me with an ever longing tragedy. The images that flashed through my brain were unforgettable. Sarah Fier, dark, red blood. A book and a Witch. That was what I saw. I saw the killers, and how they killed. It all flashed through my mind like a tornado twirling.

I hated her. Why me? Why was I given the unlucky fortune of this burden. Murder was a sick thing. I knew that. But now, it was something I craved. My mind, my body, everything scream the devilish word.

I wish I stayed dead. But really dead, 6ft under ground. But no, I was an angel sent from hell, she told me. She told me I was lucky, and I should be grateful. She could see — she could hear my negative thoughts.

Fuck her, fuck this. Fuck my life. And fuck this camp.

I tensed, letting out a gasp as I sat up hastily. Blood poured out of my mouth, causing me to spit out the metallic disgust. And before I knew it, I fainted back into Nick Goode's arm.

...

OCTOBER 1994.

"That was July 19th, 1978. Five thousand, nine hundred and thirty-seven days ago. My sister, and Cindy, we're dead." I told the four teens, who all stared in horror. "I — I never told anyone about that night. I couldn't. They'd think I was insane; crazy. I didn't need that." I explained.

"And Nick?"

I scoffed, looking up at the ceiling. "I didn't tell him until years later. He likes to tell me he believes me, but everyone knows he doesn't. He's a fucking liar." I whispered, standing up. "He had something to live up to. He was a Sunnyvaler, I was a Shadysider." I shook my head. "I tried staying away from him, but he kept coming back."

"Did you ever find out why they saved you?"

Yes, I did.

"No, I didn't." I shrugged. "I assumed it was because of my relation to Sarah Fier. I see them, every once and a while. But it's like they're ghosts. They're never too close, you know? Always staying a distance away." I sighed, rubbing my hands together. "They need me. It's like, I'm some sort of energy source for them. Without me, they wouldn't be around."

Deena scoffed. "So, you're letting other people die just for you to live." I cringed my face at her assumption, even though I knew it was the damn truth.

"That's the thing. I can't stop them from killing. and if I died, it'd only get worse and more frequent with the deaths." I shot back, slowly bending down. "If could stop them, I would. I lost my sister because of them."

Deena sighed, giving up the argument with a nod, before pausing. "Wait. S- so what happened to Nick? You guys just cut off your connections to one another?" I shook my head at Deena's question, looking at the four.

"I married the fucker."