Chapter 2- The Hospital

Raya waited outside Nammari's hospital room after rushing her to the Fang hospital. Raya was strangely worried about Nammari, she would never forgive herself is she killed her. But then, she heard a voice behind her, "Dewdrop, is that you?" Raya turned around immediately. "Ba?" Raya asked. She couldn't believe it was her Ba, she had spent 6 years trying to find him. And here he was. She immediately hugged him, "you've gotten so big." Benja laughed. They both hugged for a while until they heard someone scream, "WHERE THE F**K IS SHE!!!!" They both turned around and saw Cheif Verena. "YOU!!" she screamed pointing at Raya, "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER!!!!" Benja came in between them to calm Verena down. "It's okay, you're daughter is very strong," he said, "she'll be fine." Verena gave an evil glare at Raya, as if to say if Nammari's grave is being dug tomorrow, Raya's was on the agenda. Then the doctor came out of the room and everything went quiet. "The good news is " he said, "she's going to live, but the bad news is that her spine caused her legs to go limp meaning, she will never be able to walk again." Raya and Verena both gasped. "Verena, " Raya said, "I am so sorry." Raya was on the verge of tears, but Verena didn't care, she punched Raya in the face. Benja made sure she was alright. "GAURDS," Verena ordered, "ARREST THIS WOMAN AND PLACE HER ON DEATH ROW!!!" Benja confronted her, "Are you insane, " Benja said while protecting his daughter, "you can't kill my daughter!" "I can and I fucking will!" Verena screamed back. The doctor reentered the room and said, "Nammari wants to see Raya. " "Denied, " Verena snapped back, "GAURDS!!" "MOTHER!!!!" Nammari screamed from her bed. Verena obliged and waved off the gaurds. Raya then entered the room and immediately ran towards her and sobbed on her bed. "I am so sorry dep la. " Nammari put her hand on Raya's chin to calm her down. They both hugged each other and Nammari said, "shh, don't worry dep la, it wasn't your fault." When she said that, she stared right at her mother. "Gals!!!" A voice said. They both look around and next to the bed they found, "Sisu!?" They both asked. Sisu just laughed and jumped around. The girls smiled at her until she jumped on Nammari's lap. She nearly screamed in pain. "Why is she wincing whenever I do that." Raya explained what happened. "Oh, Nammari I am so sorry. " She said as she brushed her head against Nammari's hand. Nammari pet her and said, "don't worry, I'm going to be fine." She said as she looked at Raya as if to comfort her to. Raya joined the hug. It was great to have their dragon back. The doctor came back and said, "well, Nammari, for the first 2 weeks, I would recommend you have a caretaker. Just to make sure you are okay and know how to use the wheelchair, I can provide one, unless you hav.." "Raya, " Nammari said, she knew who her caretaker was and she didn't even have to think about it for a second. "I want Raya to be my caretaker. " Raya looked at her, "are you sure, I am the one who put you in that wheelchair. " Nammari nodded, she need(cough) I mean, wanted Raya to help her. "Doc," she asked, "can I speak to my mother. " The doctor nodded his head and went to grab her. Raya and Sisu both exited the room. Verena entered the room and Nammari immediately said, "don't speak." Nammari was about to let loose, and Verena knew it. "ARREST HER, DEATH ROW, ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE!!!!" Nammari screamed. Verena regreted what she said. "Nammari, I," "DON'T SPEAK!!!" Nammari screamed. "You are going to stay away from her, from BOTH of us, do you understand!?" Nammari asked. Verena figured she'd better not push her and she just nodded her head. Nammari motioned her to leave and Verena left. Verena sobbed on her way out, "what happened to my morning mist" she whispered to the general. "It's just PTSD "she responded. Nammari got out of her bed and into her wheelchair. These are my legs now. She then wheeled out of the room, and right when Raya saw her, they embraced each other. Raya, still filled with guilt, wanted to help Nammari as much as she could. Raya asked, "do you want me to push you home." "Honestly, "Nammari replied "that would be beautiful. " Nammari then asked, "can we go to heart?" Raya looked at her, "of course dep la." Before she left she gave her Ba a hug. "See you at home." Benja said.