Chapter 8- The Heavy Head.

3 years later- Darkness had ingulfed Kumandra after Raya's death. Boun took in Tuk Tuk and the two of them became close companions. He missed Raya daily but he had his family, and he had Tuk Tuk as a new friend. Tuk Tuk also dearly missed Raya,, he was much less chipper, but Boun reminded him of Raya alot, so he felt better when Boun was around. Sisu after 2 years was finally able to let her friend go and ended up falling in love with another dragon. Benja on the other hand, needed to step down as Cheif because the deaths of everyone he ever loved combined with the stress of running a kingdom was too much for him to handle. But then there was Nammari, she got it the worst. Her legs were basically sticks at this point since she couldn't use them, the only time she ever spoke was to Raya's grave, and she occasionally spoke to her mother. Cheif Verena could see how Raya's death affected Nammari. It broke her heart to see her daughter like this. But she knew how Nammari felt. When her husband died, she grieved for weeks. But Verena knew that he died saving his family, they were able to have closure, and she had her daughter. But Nammari, her girlfriend died stupidly, there was no closure between them, and in Nammari's sadness, she pushed everything away. Nammari woke up one morning, she had another nightmare about Raya's death. Nammari tried to pull herself out of bed but much like always, her soul was completely drained. What's the point, she's dead. Nammari tried to push herself to get up, and after 15 minutes of trying, she was finally able to get to the edge of the bed. Now I know this sounds bad, but this was actually one of her better days, some days, she would straight up refuse to leave her bed. Nammari then got into her position she practiced to get into her wheelchair. But today when she tried, she fell on the ground. She knew she couldn't stand and then chocked, "mother." Verena came into the room. "Good morning mist. " Verena said, elated that Nammari spoke, an improvement. Then she saw her daughter on the ground, and went to grab her and put her into the chair. "Thanks mom," Nammari managed to say. Verena gasped, this was the most Nammari spoke to her in years. "Oh, morning mist, " she said as she hugged her daughter who just sat there. "You know I love you right?" Verena asked.
Nammari just looked at her and gathered all her spiritual strength to nod her head. Verena then asked, "are you going to see her again?" Nammari nodded her head. As Nammari wheeled away Verena said, "Nammari, you can stay there as long as you need to." Nammari looked back at her, and said, "I love you." Nammari then entered the graveyard and saw her grave. Everyday Nammari visited Raya's grave, she brought a new meal and placed it by her grave. Nammari knew no one would eat it, but Nammari knew it was the thought that counted. "Hey love, " Nammari said, this was the only place she felt comfortable talking. "I have something for you." Nammari pulled out a bowl of rice and placed it near her tombstone, and she took the meal she left last time, a stew that had gotten moldy. "Raya, I know you want me to let you go, but I can't, I can't accept that you're gone." Nammari started to cry, "if I hadn't been so damn selfish and stolen the gem, you would still be alive, we could've lived a life together. " Nammari then completely lost it, "I love you way too much, I just want you back Raya. " She started to fall off her wheelchair in anguish, but she felt a hand on her shoulder. Nammari turned around and saw it was Boun, Raya's friend. "You to huh?" Nammari nodded her head. "I miss her to Nammari. " Boun went down on one knee right by Raya's grave and put down a peice of Jackfruit jerkey, "I thought you might laugh at this." Boun said smiling. "Nammari chuckled a little bit. "How are you Boun?" Nammari managed to ask. Boun responded, "I'm okay, I still miss her, but I'm glad she finally has the chance to rest." Nammari looked at him, he was crying a little bit. Nammari offered him a hug and he took it. "I'm sorry Nammari, you two would've made a great couple. " Boun said. Nammari had no idea Boun cared about them so much. "Thank you, " Nammari said. Then Sisu arrived with her fiance, "hey Nammari!" She said. "Hey Sisu " Nammari said. Sisu went and introduced her fiance, Kolten. Kolten then asked, "who is this?" While pointing at Raya's tombstone. "That is my best friend, Raya. " She said starting to cry a little bit. Keston saw Sisu's deep sadness and hugged her. The group all hugged each other. They all loved Raya, and the past 3 years had been hell for all of them. Meanwhile- Benja was in a tent in the woods, hiding from the world, he couldn't lead them, not anymore. Benja started to pray, "my wife, dewdrop, I don't know if you two can hear me, but I want you to know, I am deeply sorry . And I miss both of you with all of my heart, and I can't take it anymore." Benja went into his bag and saw his sword, "I'm sorry." He said, and then he stabbed himself in the heart. His last words were, "I'm coming."