Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

"Are they weapons?" Hunk asked.

"They look more like generators," Millie said.

"Stay alert," Shiro told everyone.

"I say we get outta here," Lance said. "Pidge, plot a course for our escape."

"Hold on, we should figure out what these things are," Shiro said.

"Uh, I think we really shouldn't," Millie said. "I have a bad feeling about this."

They created what looked to be a purple barrier around the planet, keeping them from escaping.

"Do you feel that?" Allura said. "Like a wave of darkness..." She began screaming as the gravity increased, keeping them from moving Voltron or doing anything.

"I can't move Red!" Lance yelled.

"This energy field is holding us down! Gravity levels are spiking!" Pidge said.

"We have to get outta here," Shiro said. "It we stay here we'll be crushed!"

"Lance and I literally told you we should leave, but you don't listen until we're in danger," Millie muttered to herself. "Of course."

Shiro gave a speech and everyone began focusing on getting Voltron out, fighting against the pull of the gravity. It worked for a bit, but they went crashing back down.

"Maybe we can try and disable whatever is keeping us down," Millie suggested.

"That's a great idea, Millie!" Pidge said.

"Yeah, it is," Lance said. "Except for the zillion robot dudes still kicking around down there!"

"We're gonna have to stay in tight formation and watch each other's backs," Shiro said. "Let's move!"

They left their lions and got on one of the pillars, Pidge explaining that it went down to the core but she wasn't detecting any energy sources on the planet.

They decided to follow it down, the door to the pillar opening and them all jumping down. They used their jetpacks to ease their descent, eventually coming across a door that led to a glowing ball.

"What is that?" Lance asked.

"This is the doing of Zarkon's witch," Allura said. "The energy I felt... this must be the source..."

"Allura, this facility... it looks Altean," Shiro said.

"I'm afraid you're correct, Shiro." Everyone walked over to the ball. "This is a decommissioned Altean terraforming plant," she explained. "Somehow the witch has been able to reactivate it remotely."

"Can you shot it down?" Shiro asked.

"I can try."

She reached out with a glowing palm before screaming, the electricity from the ball zapping her. Everyone grabbed her, pulling her from the current.

"Are you okay?" Lance asked, Helping Allura up.

"It's too powerful," Allura said.

Hunk groaned and got up, grabbing some of the soil.

"This soil is weird," he said. "All white a powdery. Like ground up rocks or earth. And heximite!"

Lasers started firing, everyone bringing up their shields. Millie got her bayard out. Using it to take out a couple of the sentries.

"What's heximite?" Lance asked. "Some of us may have slept through chemistry."

"Dome of us only had library book to teach them chemistry," Millie said, referring to herself.

"The whole planet is a bomb," Pidge explained. "One that's big enough to wipe out entire solar systems!"

"It's under increasing pressure and when the pressure reaches a certain point its going to explode," Hunk said.

"How long do we have?" Shiro asked.

"Maybe twenty minutes?"

"We have to get off this planet and warn everyone!" Lance said.

"Anyone within ten solar systems is gonna get blown to pieces!" Hunk yelled.

"They could take out Voltron, the rebel fighters, and the Blade of Marnkra all in one fell swoop!" Allura said.

They escaped and got back up to Voltron, Shiro trying to connect with anyone outside of Naxzela and deciding it wasn't working.

"Seventeen minutes left," Hunk warned.

"We have to get off this planet immediately!" Allura said.

They tried once more to get up, it not working. Instead, the ground beneath them broke and they were sent falling to the bottom of the crack in the planet.

"We've fallen even further down!" Lance said.

"Fifteen minutes!" Hunk called out.

"No!" Pidge shouted. "We cant die here! Not yet!"

"Listen, we've come through a lot as Voltron, we just have to think," Shiro said.

"Allura," Lance said, appearing on said girl's screen. "You felt the dark magic when we first came here. You have a connection to it. I know you can get us out of here somehow. We all saw what you did to the Balmera, and how you power the crystal."

"I-- I don't know. I haven't been trained..."

"No one trained you to save the Balmera, but you did that. I know you can do it. There's a reason the Blue Lion chose you. You're the one who brought everyone together. You can do this. Every moment we've had together, they've all led to this day. This is your destiny. You are the heart of Voltron.

"Okay, I'll try."

Voltron began glowing blue, and everyone gasped.

"It's working!" Shiro said.

They shot up, flying with ease now and breaking through the purple barrier like glass.

"Thank you, Lance."

"That was all you."

"We still need to defuse that bomb!" Hunk said.

Shiro contacted Keith and Coran, telling Coran to grab Coalition members and leave, and telling Keith about the witch.

"Thrusters are at max power," Lance said.

"I sure hope we make it in time," Hunk muttered.

"We're not gonna make it!" Lance said.

Suddenly the bomb defused and the purple barrier went down, and a familiar British male voice came over the comms.

"Attention, Paladins of Voltron and rebel fighters. I know we've had our differences in the past, but... I think it is time we had a discussion."

I combined the last two episodes of s4 into one chapter since episode 5 didn't have enough content to make a full chapter.